Do you have to remove the dash?

-

gpreston57

Reaction score
do you have to take the dash out to fix the wiper arms, mine is broken and i cant figure it out.

some will say yes, some will say no. if i had to go through working on the wipers or removing the dashpad, i in my own hands on, say it is easier to pull the dash. my.02

Don't know whats broken on your wiper system?, but I replaced my wiper linkage bushings & had full access to my wiper transmision arms by dropping steering column, removing gauge cluster, radio & heating vent tubes. On a 1973 Duster, 4speed, that allowed me just enough room to get to everything I needed to fix. Good Luck hope this helps!

If you have to take the dash out then you also have to take the windshield out.
funny guy!!! I know you think the "arms" Im talking about are outside, for a lack of "proper" terminology, I meant the linkage system under the dash, assclown...

funny guy!!! I know you think the "arms" Im talking about are outside, for a lack of "proper" terminology, I meant the linkage system under the dash, assclown...

What I ment was that inorder to remove the dash the windshield has to be removed to access the 5 or so screws that hold it in.:violent1:

Attachments

• P2010753_0050_2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 104
  • P2020775_0028_1_2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 98
  • P2100793_0015.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 96
I just took my arms out..........Mind you most of my dash components are already out. Pulled off a clip at the motor and 1/2 inch socket at the pivots..I GuESS. thats what there called and little manovering around and out they came. Replacing the gaskets ans cleaning up the arms....Resto.

-
Back