Do you use the self serve checkouts?

-
Half the time it does not work and you have to wait for a knucklehead anyway!

The whole New Jersey/Oregon gas pumper thing is a total jerkoff of an idea. Those fuckers don't check the oil, fill the tires or wipe the windshield so why should I let them pump the gas? Because it is the law? SOME laws are dumb as **** and I refuse to abide as long as I can get away with it.

Last time I was in Jersey I had a Coke explode on the dash of my pick up after spending a few hours in the parking lot of Maguire's Air Force Base changing the rear in my sister's ex's Volare.

Needed gas on the way out and joked with this gorgeous blonde about the inside of my windshield needed cleaning.

For me it was a joke. For her, it was a tip. She grabbed the spray bottle of cleaner, a roll of paper towels and jumped in the truck.

Let's just put it this way: nice legs, nice...er..um...up in the air as she knelt on the seat after a few hours on black top on a 90° day made it all worth it.

My only regret is I was a young man at the time and lived five hours away.

My 4 year old knows how to use the self checkout kiosks and pump gas and I let him do it (he loves to do "adult" things).

As far as giving someone a job for the sake of a job......I would consider it if the company hired the mentally or physically disabled or teenagers just starting out in the workforce. But all I see these days are middle and near-retirement age people doing these cashier and service jobs. And poorly. If you are doing a job at 50 that a 4 year old can do, ....perhaps you need a little encouragement to grow up and apply yourself.

Should we go back to rotary phones and phone operators for the sake of jobs too?
Women%2BTelephone%2BOperators%2Bat%2BWork%2B(5).jpg

Many of us older people are retired and supplementing our retirement. Besides the fact we are often the only option for employees, companies are happy to have us. Us older people will show up, do our job, and are not dependent on benefits, just to name a few of our qualities. Many of us are capable of a more challenging job, we don’t want it.

Many of us older people are retired and supplementing their retirement. Besides the fact we are often the only option for employees, companies are happy to have them. Us older people will show up, do our job, and are not dependent on benefits, just to name a few of our qualities.
My social security pays my rent, utility bills, internet, but during the month you still need to by food, gasoline, car insurance, and all the other things that society has forced upon us.
Us old guys, sometimes work a part time job to support SS benefits, or to have something to do.
My retirement savings comes from bailing out of muscle cars when the bailing was good.
Now i still tinker around with rebuilding of suspension, and brake parts, to help out the retirement savings, in this day and age.

I avoid the self checkouts mainly because of the job loss and profit increase.
Reason places like this dont have employees?
1) employers treat them like ****
2) Everyone wants to be the president before their first job. Work up the ladder!
3) too lazy because they were never taught to work for something.
4) mommy and daddy give them everything for nothing.

So which is it? They have no employees because they treat them like **** or are they too lazy to work in the first place.

Mcdumpsters is also going to self ordering. Where will these high school kids work ?
Hell they wont take a summer farming job because it's too hard. I bet if they started in tobacco, and cucumbers they will be begging for a easier job at other low paying jobs.
Jobs will become extinct someday and nobody will have an income because the robot does it.

Remember they are all too lazy to work.

It's like a contagious disease. Just left the AT+T store. Actually told me to swap my own SIM card. And "we don't transfer data to your new phone." WHAT DO I PAY YOU FOR? Customer service means give me your money and get out of here.

It's like a contagious disease. Just left the AT+T store. Actually told me to swap my own SIM card. And "we don't transfer data to your new phone." WHAT DO I PAY YOU FOR? Customer service means give me your money and get out of here.
We're with verizon...thier store jerks, sorry, clowns, sorry, clerks are the reason the wife won't let me go in there anymore

My social security pays my rent, utility bills, internet, but during the month you still need to by food, gasoline, car insurance, and all the other things that society has forced upon us.
Us old guys, sometimes work a part time job to support SS benefits, or to have something to do.
My retirement savings comes from bailing out of muscle cars when the bailing was good.
Now i still tinker around with rebuilding of suspension, and brake parts, to help out the retirement savings, in this day and age.

I paid everything off a few years ago, and put my payment money in my 401-K. I can pay my bills, and most other needs out of my SS check, but for anything bigger, like the truck I just bought, I have to tap into my investments, or savings. After the first of the year, I may look into getting something part time, for a little play money, and something to do.

-
Back