Dodge is recalling all Hellcats for Fuel Leaks

-
At least they are being proactive about it...unlike, well you know.

That's why I would never trade my SRT8 off for a first year run of it. I figure let others work out the glitches.

That's why I would never trade my SRT8 off for a first year run of it. I figure let others work out the glitches.

Good point.

It takes about a year and a half to ID the "bugs" and get the "fixes" in production.

Then by the third year they start the cost reductionsss$$$$. Then the quality decreases along with it....

Then the last month of production when the assy plant gets low on fasteners and doesn't want to order a "batch" just to finish a "few more", they stick any screw or bolt that will fit in the hole.....

The last one is definitely not the best....

I knew they were gonna be really hot rides.

Good job to them.Only one was found with a potential problem and they are bringing all of them in for inspection and if needed repair.The others seem to wait until a percentage are reported before anything is done,but we are talking about 2,000 not 2 million cars.

i say its a good thing what they did. they got out in front of the issue. used to be they denied the problem for years and years.

i say its a good thing what they did. they got out in front of the issue. used to be they denied the problem for years and years.

Yeah, they probably learned from the whole GM ignition thing to take care of it ASAP....

right-on! they are recalling everyone to just to verify if there is production issue or this is a one-off.

I disagree they find and fix the problems in the first year or two. I think a bunch of serious defects don't show up for up to 5 years and then may take another year or two to correct. There are countless examples on every make of car. I often wish they wouldn't be so hot on major redesigns every 3 years. With a cool hobby car its fine but for the daily driver I want something just plain solid, not the newest, not the fastest, not the highest mpg, not the most style, just there and back every single day.

I disagree they find and fix the problems in the first year or two. I think a bunch of serious defects don't show up for up to 5 years and then may take another year or two to correct. There are countless examples on every make of car. I often wish they wouldn't be so hot on major redesigns every 3 years. With a cool hobby car its fine but for the daily driver I want something just plain solid, not the newest, not the fastest, not the highest mpg, not the most style, just there and back every single day.

Not all of them are caught. Some get through.

They fix the manufacturing and quality issues in the first year and a half. After that, cost reductions, and after that, live with the problem we are coming out with the next generation and will not spend any more money on this model....

They difinitely don't put enough miles on the test cars to find all of the long term flaws...

holy cow.. its only supposed to be a seal that wasn't properly installed. calm down fellas...

i can't stand the new fiat/chrysler but damn guys its only a seal. and they did the right thing recalling them to check them just to make sure

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/03/05/all-dodge-challenger-and-charger-srt-hellcats-recalled/
That totals 2211 cars and each are being recalled due to a potential fuel-leak issue. More specifically, the issue revolves around hose seals which have been improperly installed. A dealership was the first to raise the red flag after discovering the fault during a pre-delivery inspection.

Thats because the tanks are made in China...

That is funny...

Americans are some of the laziest workers in the world. This is a known fact. 20% of the workforce does 80% of the work. The other 20% mess everything up and make us look bad. They are only there to F&^K over their employer & get a check and that is it!.

:banghead:

holy cow.. its only supposed to be a seal that wasn't properly installed. calm down fellas...

i can't stand the new fiat/chrysler but damn guys its only a seal. and they did the right thing recalling them to check them just to make sure

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/03/05/all-dodge-challenger-and-charger-srt-hellcats-recalled/

But it's what it leaks that makes it a concern.

If the A/C refrigerant leaked, big deal, you just get hot...

If the fuel leaks and causes a fire, you get real hot, and your car burns up.... Nah, nothing to worry about.... #-o

Build a fire, keep a man warm for the night...

Light that man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.... :angryfir:

no one said it wasn't something to worry about. its also not like this is the only vehicle ever to have a fuel leak. hell there hasn't been any incidents cause by this possible issue yet. its a simple fix and fiat is out in front of the possible problem. they are actually doing the right thing here. it is what it is. every car manufacture has recalls..

no one said it wasn't something to worry about. its also not like this is the only vehicle ever to have a fuel leak. hell there hasn't been any incidents cause by this possible issue yet. its a simple fix and fiat is out in front of the possible problem. they are actually doing the right thing here. it is what it is. every car manufacture has recalls..

yep, and they also jump on the "all hellcats are being recalled" headline and the one in question could be the ONLY ONE to have the issue.

That is funny...

Americans are some of the laziest workers in the world. This is a known fact. 20% of the workforce does 80% of the work. The other 20% mess everything up and make us look bad. They are only there to F&^K over their employer & get a check and that is it!.

Union workers are the worst, they use and abuse their union bargaining rights. Lazy SOB's, I'm in the union myself and that's all I see, lazy and biggest cry babies.

Really?
"In other words, Chrysler made the right call, especially when you consider this is a 707 horsepower monster that has the habit of turning all tires into smoke. You definitely don’t want to have a fuel issue or leak when those tires begin to heat up."

And - "After the car is fixed, owners can then go back to contributing to the Greenhouse Gas problem."

This guy writes an automotive column called "Boldride"? LMFAO!

I just saw my first Hellcat last night, a black one...I'm jealous, too...LOL

Union workers are the worst, they use and abuse their union bargaining rights. Lazy SOB's, I'm in the union myself and that's all I see, lazy and biggest cry babies.

Most of the problem is UPPER MANAGEMENT. :farao:

Show me a union worker who likes management, and I'll show you a c*ck sucker from Guatamala....

The union officials are only looking out for themselves and could give two sh!ts about it's members. The good workers who need them to defend them for an issue get tossed aside. The bad ones who play the system and hide behind the union are the ones who get the representation... :twisted:

There are a few bad union workers, just like any other field. Most of them care about what they build and want to build the best product that they can. (They know their jobs depend on it). :pale:

I've worked with both upper management and union workers. I would rather work with the union workers than the management. There is a much higher percentage of idiots in management than there is in the union. :finga:

I've seen how things are handled "behind closed doors". I've been in the meetings where the decisions were made and many times was amazed and disgusted at the outcome.... :banghead:

This leaking seal could have been caught with an air test. We leak tested the fuel rails and fuel injectors before installing the intakes on the engines. There was a stamp placed on the intake to signify that it was "bought off/passed" the air test. It is management's decision whether or not to put the air test in the process or take the chance and save the money.... :violent2:

If they don't put in the air test, they save money... They don't have to buy the equipment, then don't have to maintain the equipment, they also save a person per shift to run the air test (which they LOVE to cut workers out to save $$$$ - it cost a yearly salary and benefits for each worker). The more money that you save, the BIGGER the BONUS checks that EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT gets at the end of each year.... (Not that they would pass any of that down to the other workers)... :evil3:

They leak test the cooling systems and A/C before filling them at the assembly plants, they could also check a fuel system if they wanted to....

Don't get me wrong, I like the Hellcat and think it's about time that the Challenger finally caught up with the Camaro and Shelby Mustang.

The Hemi Cudas and Challengers were the most feared muscle cars in their day, they need to regain that title again....

That is funny...

Might be that way in "commiefornia" but then again their probably illegals...just sucking off the system

-
Back