Dodge Just Killed the Hellcat–and the Banshee Is Here To Replace It

-
Saw a video of a family taking a trip in a new Ford p/u all electric- what a pain in the you know what! Much of the trip centered around the battery- what is my range? where is the next charging station on our route? How much time will that take? Then there were issues with fast charging shortening the life of the battery, not fully charging the battery because it takes too long, etc. This truck has two (2) batteries! Currently the price of one of the batteries is $34K ????? Don't forget that any towing greatly shortens the range. On top of all of that they want to make cars self driving?

I like the 68 Charger-esque grill.

Mopar has a history of killing good selling products too soon, or mutating them away from their selling points.

...and keeping things alive that should have been axed long ago.

Don't forget that any towing greatly shortens the range.

Cold weather has a major impact on range too because the heater in passenger's compartment is all electric and drains the battery at a very fast rate when cold out.

You would think that people in Canada and the Norther US would be up in arms about this...but they're not.

You would think that people in Canada and the Norther US would be up in arms about this...but they're not.
Over on the Hellcat forums they are super pissed off over there saying no more Dodge purchases for them. And a lot of those ppl have bought several Hellcats over the years.

So the Challenger is selling very good, so lets stop making it and make a useless electric car that nobody can charge because there are limited number of chargers. Next we'll be hearing about assaults at charging stations cause you're taking too long to charge. Maybe tomorrow more sensible people will be in charge in January to dump this green deal that this country can't run on.

More than one way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

What got me was Tim Kuniskis at the reveal repeatedly saying "We listened to our customers and gave them what they wanted!" and also throwing in obnoxious millennial slang terms obviously trying to appeal to his target audience. Kinda painful to watch.

I don't think any modern Dodge fan was happy about that. I follow a few channels on YouTube and they were all basically like "Welp guess I'm gonna go buy a Ford!"

Over on the Hellcat forums they are super pissed off over there saying no more Dodge purchases for them. And a lot of those ppl have bought several Hellcats over the years.
I know someone who has had a hellcat, and two different one seat demons. All of them ran mid 6 eighths, or better.

-
Back