Does Anyone Have This Installed On Their Barracuda?

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have this rear fender gasket kit installed on their 68 Barracuda, or is this setup only found on other A body models.

Attachments

• IMG_3112.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 263
It doesn't look familiar to me.
Leanna, that's exactly my thought about this kit(SR3), I don't see anything under my front wheel wells on my 68 Cuda that remotely resemble these pieces, nor do I see any place where these items would even mount. Which leads me to believe these are for other A bodies and not Barracuda's.

Arnt the long ones for the splash shields , and the other two for either behind the headlights or top rear fender area .
I have some in the barn I took off my 68 Cuda while stripping it down for the re-paint , I'm replacing mine with new ones also while its apart , The new parts are in the barn waiting for the Cuda to come home :)
Donnie

Attachments

• Front end removed resized0001.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Front end removed resized0008.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 228
The long piece go,s down the side of the splash shield and the two smaller pieces go on top of the splash sheilds.I removed the old ones from my barracuda when I was taking it apart.TAhey seal the back of the fender. Mark

But for which A body? moparkid

as said the long ones go on the edge of the slash guard...

if you take the splash gaurd out, sit in the wheel well and look at the rocker panel from the front... you'll see the shape for that bigger gasket...

The undercoat has made it difficult to distinguish one thing from another, I'm going to get a flashlight and do a little scavenger hunt under the front wheel wells of my car this weekend, on a mission to see if these pieces are present or not.

The undercoat has made it difficult to distinguish one thing from another, I'm going to get a flashlight and do a little scavenger hunt under the front wheel wells of my car this weekend, on a mission to see if these pieces are present or not.

I think I'm going to wait until it's time to install those exhaust pipes. That concrete is still pretty cold.

Since I am about to take the fenders off my 68 fish for paint, what I wonder is where does a guy get new rubber for the seal?

Since I am about to take the fenders off my 68 fish for paint, what I wonder is where does a guy get new rubber for the seal?
Year One is offering two kits SF11 and SR3, which is the kit I have pictured on this thread, also check ebay.

I think I'm going to wait until it's time to install those exhaust pipes. That concrete is still pretty cold.
I really hope Leanna to just put my head into the wheel well area and try to have as little contact with the floor as possible.

If you find your inner splash shields are rusted away at the bottom, the later model As had plastic shields that didn't require a rubber seal.
Also the original rubber seal is just a flap stapled on. A piece of later model trunk lid or door seal might work better.
Good luck

-
Back