Does anyone know anything about this car?

-

JimG

Reaction score
Supposably from Washington State. Attempting to research actual history of the car.

Here is the original ad:

“Yellow 1971 Plymouth Duster Rear wheel drive Automatic V8 Fresh Oil Change, 1971 Plymouth 340 Duster. Numbers matching car. It has an Edelbrock intake, I have the Thermoquad original intake and the Theroquad carb. It has headers, I do not have the original exhaust manifolds. Those are available used and reproductions ones are really nice. I am running a new Edelbrock AVS2 carb and love it. Has it original ralley wheels. Front Disc and Rear Drum Brakes. Dual exhaust and correct tips. It also has a rear window defroster. Everything works including the radio. This car was restored on a rust free body. Beautiful paint, chrome, stainless and glass. BFG tires are very low miles. 70 thousand original mile car. Fender tag is in the pictures, I have the build sheet which is really nice I am buying an A-12 SuperBee otherwise I would not be selling this car. No trades, call or email with questions.”

Thanks!

8F6AFDB8-76D5-491E-9292-3FF21D7BD11A.jpeg

There's only one way and that is to get boots on the ground and look and see if there are body numbers, engine number and trans number that matches, and if the VIN looks tampered with. Some years have a door sticker, but with repaint, restore, etc, those tend to disappear

There's only one way and that is to get boots on the ground and look and see if there are body numbers, engine number and trans number that matches, and if the VIN looks tampered with. Some years have a door sticker, but with repaint, restore, etc, those tend to disappear

Agreed! And the tags/labels/VIN #'s are easily duplicated these days.

wow. sounds like a neat car. but be careful. when i posted asking for info about a certain car in chitown, my post got moved to the obits, where no one sees it.

wow. sounds like a neat car. but be careful. when i posted asking for info about a certain car in chitown, my post got moved to the obits, where no one sees it.
Does it belong in General, Midwest, or Lost and Found? I see it was from Chicago. I put your thread back in General. Everybody sees that thread regardless of where it started unless a member specifically targets a certain forum.

Supposably from Washington State. Attempting to research actual history of the car.

Here is the original ad:

“Yellow 1971 Plymouth Duster Rear wheel drive Automatic V8 Fresh Oil Change, 1971 Plymouth 340 Duster. Numbers matching car. It has an Edelbrock intake, I have the Thermoquad original intake and the Theroquad carb. It has headers, I do not have the original exhaust manifolds. Those are available used and reproductions ones are really nice. I am running a new Edelbrock AVS2 carb and love it. Has it original ralley wheels. Front Disc and Rear Drum Brakes. Dual exhaust and correct tips. It also has a rear window defroster. Everything works including the radio. This car was restored on a rust free body. Beautiful paint, chrome, stainless and glass. BFG tires are very low miles. 70 thousand original mile car. Fender tag is in the pictures, I have the build sheet which is really nice I am buying an A-12 SuperBee otherwise I would not be selling this car. No trades, call or email with questions.”

Thanks!

View attachment 1715860960
Found the previous Washington State owner, who was kind enough to share all pertinent information. I was able to negotiate an agreeable price with the current owner and we made the purchase. Now I need to get it transported in an enclosed trailer from Indiana back to Washington State. Thanks, guys!

Just a side note. I don't believe the pass side exh manifold is reproduced. Only the driver side is available.

-
Back