Does anyone know hydraulics

-

chryslerfat

Reaction score
I just put a new set of dual action cylinders on my loader tractor. It did not have hoses for down pressure on the old cylinders. I have run hoses from the cylinders to the valve. Where you see the new hose with pipe dope in the pic was a plug that I pulled out for the hose. It has no fluid coming out of that hose for down pressure.

The question is what do I need to do to the valve to get down pressure?
loader 003.JPG
loader 004.JPG

I may get this wrong but when you had the single hose going to the cylinder you may have had a closed circuit and now that you have two lines you may have an open circuit and there is a different spool valve that goes in side of your control valve

I may get this wrong but when you had the single hose going to the cylinder you may have had a closed circuit and now that you have two lines you may have an open circuit and there is a different spool valve that goes in side of your control valve
Thanks I did read something about open and closed valves but didnt know anything about how they work.

I take it that the new line has a y in it and feeds two cylinders. And that the other lever in the back is Raising and lowering the arms.

If so do you have down pressure on the arms?

I take it that the new line has a y in it and feeds two cylinders. And that the other lever in the back is Raising and lowering the arms.

If so do you have down pressure on the arms?
Yes there is a y in each of the 4 hoses. The other side that had 2 hoses is for bucket tilt and back and works as it should. The one closest to the camera with the 1 new hose only has fluid out the front one when pushing the lever forward and pulling the valve back there is no fluid out the back post/new hose.

Tractor Supply or Farm & Fleet or Farm King they may have the internal valve to convert yours.
I know Tractor Supply used to have them cuz I used to work there.
There were several different manufacturers. You would need to know that in order to get the right valve parts.

What kind of machine is it and how old?

Tractor Supply or Farm & Fleet or Farm King they may have the internal valve to convert yours.
I know Tractor Supply used to have them cuz I used to work there.
There were several different manufacturers. You would need to know that in order to get the right valve parts.

What kind of machine is it and how old?
Thank you. I didnt think of that and I have an account there for farming. I will clean the valve off to get the manufacturer from it. About how much do you think 50 or 100 or ?

Thank you. I didnt think of that and I have an account there for farming. I will clean the valve off to get the manufacturer from it. About how much do you think 50 or 100 or ?

Back when I work there 50 bucks would take you all the way that's over 20 some years ago so now I don't know.

The valve looks like DRE Manufacturing Minneapolis or it could be ORE it is hard to make out the 1st letter.

The valve looks like DRE Manufacturing Minneapolis or it could be ORE it is hard to make out the 1st letter.

There you go take that information to TSC and see what they can do for you.

We used to have a super 77 that we used to bale hay. That 6 cylinder was a reving Jose.

I ended up buying a used valve assy. on Ebay for 90 shipped because tractor supply says no on parts but tried to sell me a whole valve for 225.

-
Back