does anyone offer early A small block shortie headers

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
imca changed the rules & the chebbie boys can use em (shortie headers) next year. the tech I spoke with might let me do the same if I can find a similar (shortie) set of em, otherwise it is only manifolds with a 2" outlet allowed for us, very restricted. thank you for your time. RR

Laysons offers the old Spitfire design, quite pricey tho. At least compared to what Harold sold them for back in the day. They started out at $188, not sure what they are now.

Just looked them up….$865! Double OUCH! How can they go up almost $600 when headers for 67 and later cars from manufacturers like Hedman have barely risen 25% in the same amount of time? Glad I bought mine from Harold when I did!

Last edited:
spitfire/sanderson were about the only thing going and have been for as long as i know.

why not make your own if you can't procure a set? you'll have the whole offseason!

Has anyone used these? Might be cheap but will they work out?
they look like they'd be all over the steering box or motor mounts (brackets) or just dump straight into the K.

the dude is building a race car, so maybe?

Those look similar in design to the shorty headers allowed by IMCA. It would still be their call as to if they will allow them. I would assume you will have to be on 2" pipes with turndowns like the chevy open motors. You will likely be required to use the Schoenfeld 3" to 2" reducers also.
I hope the Sanderson's are available at a cheaper price uncoated. Here is a link to the Chevy IMCA version.

Schoenfeld IMCA Hobby Stock Headers

-
Back