Does anyone see this being worth more than $2500?

-

Abodywantedinmi

"All I ever need...
Reaction score
Okay, so the A-bodies in Northern Michigan continue to be few and far between and since I probably missed a great deal by being "off for the summer" but having no time to look before they're gobbled up, I decided to find out more about this one. From what I see in the pics and depending on the condition of the parts car, I cannot see it being worth more than $2500. Before I invest the gas and time to see it, I wanted to get feedback from the FABO experts

http://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/3869321257.html

Also, if you are in Northern Michigan and are working on anything, get a hold of me. If nothing else, I can be a helping hand and live vicariously through you!

Yeah, the bash in the quarter kind of kills the value. Unless you're a body man, that's a couple grand right there, plus a whole car repaint.

IF the floors and sub fame are solid, I would think 15 hundred, maybe. The interior isn't real bad by the looks of it.

depending on the parts car it maybe be worth 2500 as a pair. you can make a decent amount of money parting a car out. i wouldnt give any more than 2500 though. give this guy some more time on craigslist. i see this all the time. guys post adds with crazy prices and they keep going down every couple weeks.

To say anything I would need to see underneath for rust - looks like some significant rust in the engine compartment, might be really bad in two more years. It's got almost everything I like; v8 & AC. maybe bucket seats would be a nice addition. In this case a real cash offer could mean a lot.

Nope.....looks like some rot on the inner fenders....if it is rotted there where else is it rotted?

Looks like a turd to me. Looks like a rust bucket, and max was right about that quarter going to take some time to get that straight. I'd keep looking if I were you. 4,500!? He's on GLUE!!!

if your good with body work and some rust holes, its a no brainer. 2500 for 2 cars, I do it. not to many 1970 darts around with original 318. I am down here in florida, guy had a 75 dart 318 for 2100 bucks. went to see it, couldn't stop shaking my head. trunk floor, cabin floor all rusted out (GONE). front and rear fenders rust holes. 4 flat tires. seats painted black. car wouldn't start, when tried the starter took a crap. are u kidding me!

At least it's got roll down rear side windows and probably worth as much as any 70's and up vehicles from Chrysler which no longer had polished stainless or chrome trim. The now plastic what-nots, rust and a host of cheap stuff which made these cars affordable to begin with. 71 and up cars are a dime a dozen and for a very good reason..

At least it's got roll down rear side windows and probably worth as much as any 70's and up vehicles from Chrysler which no longer had polished stainless or chrome trim. The now plastic what-nots, rust and a host of cheap stuff which made these cars affordable to begin with. 71 and up cars are a dime a dozen and for a very good reason..

Wish that were true around here!! That car with a parts car would easy be around 2500 here

He sent me more pics, including the parts car. The files are too large for me to add to this thread and I cannot figure out how to resize them on this computer. Needless to say, the parts car is a manual trans (225 I believe, but waiting for him to confirm) and the body is just as bad as the one in the ad. I might still venture to see it but there's no way I'd pay anywhere near what he is asking, let alone the $2500 I thought it might have been worth...

I guess value for stuff like this is also dependent on supply and demand. I agree that is some areas a car like this is a dime a dozen, or at least more common. Here, old mopars of any kind are hard to find. I can imagine in northern MI a 1970 this straight without being completely rusted is hard to find. That car would be 2-3k here.

No longer wasting my time. Apparently 12 high resolution pics (he sent me four in an email) and questions about the cars is too much of a hassle. He basically said i should have enough information to come take a look. I must come across as a douche to people I email...

Might want to keep an eye on a-bodies that are south of the mason dixon line and plan a road trip.

You guys are smoking crack! $2500 is fair value!

I spy a pristine grill and two pristine bumpers worth $1500

No longer wasting my time.

IMHO, the correct call.

Abodywantedinmi said:
Apparently 12 high resolution pics (he sent me four in an email) and questions about the cars is too much of a hassle.

The seller obviously 'imbibed' a bit to much once--- grand scheme to 'have a Dart' ... now the vision is tired (for whatever reason). & money has become the focus :D

Abodywantedinmi said:
He basically said i should have enough information to come take a look.

---No concern for a Home for the Cars--

Abodywantedinmi said:
I must come across as a douche to people I email...

Yeah,that's what it is LMAO :D

ALL GOOD THOUGH, the grill , 2 bumpers, & a virgin 'DODGE' trunk
emblem--- , easily worth $ 4.4k

with it being a custom it has the hard too find door panels minus the pass door side 4,400 is alittle rich though I'd also like too see the parts car. it also appears to be very complete and original. i'd say in the 2,800 to 3,000 tops depending on rust issues with the floors and frame rails

-
Back