Does classic industries have drums I need?

-
someone told me on another Mopar web site http://www.classicindustries.com/ has swagged brake drums, so that's way I'm thinking of going with them, but wanted to check online first if that's the right 10" I need & yes that's the only 10" they have for 72, I'm not much of a phone person, so I see if any of you guys got any from them!

someone told me on another Mopar web site http://www.classicindustries.com/ has swagged brake drums, so that's way I'm thinking of going with them, but wanted to check online first if that's the right 10" I need & yes that's the only 10" they have for 72, I'm not much of a phone person, so I see if any of you guys got any from them!

There is no such thing as swedged drums. Originally the drums were swedged to the hub and the studs is what was swedged. That was a factory assembly for quickly putting the drum/hub assembly on as one piece. No need for that on replacement drums.

I think swedged drums would be better so it don't mash your hole's out like it has on my none swedged drum!

Attachments

• DSCN4577.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN4576.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 195
I think swedged drums would be better so it don't mash your hole's out like it has on my none swedged drum!

If that is happening, you have a different problem. Is the drum fitting correct on the studs (old swedge removed), hub and is it the wheel fitting correctly. Swedging is where the shank of the stud is mashed to form a mushroom to hold the drum on. There is no process that I am aware of to get it swedged in the aftermarket.

Show a picture of the drum attached to the hub.

It looks like you didn't cut/file the swedges off the studs on your front hubs. There was a special cutter for that at brake shops, probably looks like a hole saw. With the drum off, just use a flat file to cleanup the studs. You should be able to fix the mushroomed holes in your drum with a hammer, against a thick backer rod, but probably fine as is.

Well I don't think you should do that, I ant doing that because I won't to keep it stock as possible, I'll get some drums & get by with it another 10 years, because that's when I put that drum on!.. So you don't haft to do that!

Well I don't think you should do that, I ant doing that because I won't to keep it stock as possible, I'll get some drums & get by with it another 10 years, because that's when I put that drum on!.. So you don't haft to do that!

You aren't keeping it stock if that is the way you are doing it. You might consider checking your Mopar shop manual for your car and read the procedure for replacing the front drums.

There isn't any now but there was some NOS Mopar brake drum and hub assemblies that was swedged from the factory on eBay in the last month that were correct for your car. I think they were $395 each.

It might have been this seller that had them.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-68-69-1-2-Mopar-Hemi-B-Body-Frt-Brake-Hub-Drums-A12-440-6-Super-Bee-RR-GTX-/271540414433?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3911e7e1&vxp=mtr"]68 69 1 2 Mopar Hemi B Body FRT Brake Hub Amp Drums A12 440 6 Super Bee RR GTX | eBay[/ame]

Good grief. Where do they come from?

check and see if they used that drum on a pick up .. Might be cheaper. I had and lost a cross reference document

-
Back