Donner pass snowfall

-
Here's a pic taken yesterday from north Orange County of our local mountains here in SoCal.
The highest peak is Mount San Antonio, known locally as Mt. Baldy, at 10,046'
Cajon Pass is further to the right in this pic.

SnowPic_030123.jpeg

22DF43BC-7BA1-4C76-A2D4-EBA7F35C54BE.jpeg

Mount baldy today at 1pm. It was about 60 degrees today and at this time yesterday it was snowing.

There was snow recorded in cathedral city yesterday which is right by palm springs. The snow covered mountains here are a sight. I read this morning that most of the California reservoirs have replenished back to where they should be for this time of year. Shasta still is below normal but not by much. The photo is mt San Jacinto, a 12,000 foot peak in the Coachella Valley.

PXL_20230224_143429188[1811].jpg

Last edited:
The University of California (Berkeley) Central Sierra Snow Lab in the Donner Pass area currently reports a total of just over 44.2-feet (531.1") of snowfall since November 1, 2022.
35" in the past 24 hours
71" in the past 48 hours
141+" in the past 7 days

That's crazy!
I've had it.jpg

Dude, That's Awesome! I didn't know you were there, or I'd rolled out there, just to do a quick meet and greet somewhere.
Next trip I'll hit ya up. We mostly hid from the sun for a few weeks post surgery.. light sensitivity.

11 miles from our home in western AZ. Oatman is about 2700ft where we’re only 500ft.

B0DFA9CC-1A62-4DFF-95DE-D6B7F2CE4F51.jpeg

From last sundays RZR ride NW of Oatman. After this weeks rain/snow the flowers should explode by the weekend :)

4CE36CEA-0099-49ED-8805-4B04272C8CE9.jpeg

Ya, all the tv channels, morning news, is giving us warnings in regards to flash flooding, and the weight of the snow pack, on roofs, anticipating roofs crashing in.
Out here in Commiefornia, it's always one thing, or another.

Mother nature has resolved California's water shortage looking like
Shame a majority of all that water will drain into the Pacific. Bet the farmers in the Central Valley are jumping for joy.

-
Back