DOOR BADGE REMOVAL ?

-

MOPAR4Me

Reaction score
Hi all, I am hoping those with direct knowledge/experience can help with this question.

I am trying to remove some Demon interior plastic door Badges/Emblems.

I know there are two studs, did the factory use twist nuts or barrel clips?

How is this done without damaging them?

If twist nuts, how do you get to them, do you have to remove the window glass/mechanism?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
Gently pry them out with something like a putty knife. They're just pressed in...

Thanks, that worked!

I could not find any help after searching Abodies or the net, so here is some detail as to how I did it and a few pics.

Barrel clips from the factory are what is used, makes sense since you can not get to the backside.

How I did it:

1.) Duct Taped door around perimeter of badge.
2.) Inserted two putty knifes, one top, one bottom, to place balanced pressure to top/bottom, as the knifes tend to distort when you twist, with more lifting near handles.
3.) Twisted knifes simultaneously in direction raising the pin side leading edges slowly.

Pin with barrel nut came free on one side, and pin without barrel nut on the other, either way no damage to badge face or stud, so worked out great. Also no damage to taped off door paint.

I definitely think they could have cracked done some other way, i.e. just pulling with fingers, or say with single screwdriver or chisel. Not a guarantee, but this method is likely the best there is.

IMG_8093.jpg

IMG_8091.jpg

To A Bodies Moderators, I know this is simple, but might I suggest it be put in the Interior How To Articles?

-
Back