door glass clip

-

Reaction score
Hi All i replced my vent window on my 1969 dart. unfortunately the plastic channel in the vent window was very old and brittle and the clip that holds to the door glass broke. does anybody know of a good source for these or does anybody have spare clips. thanks FABO

Attachments

• window clip 002.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 181
this picture is 1/2 of the clip. will have another the same with a metal rod in the middle.found some on jims auto parts. anybody seen these elswere

I bought a kit from Year One that included the felt laminated hard plastic channel for the glass edge and all 4 pieces of the guides. One kit covers both doors. Been a while so I dont know if they still stock it or the price.
You may as well buy the plastic fastener that holds the glass to the regulator too.

didnt see them on r/t specialty. will try year one. thanks

I need the same pieces, and just flipped thru the Yearone site and couldnt find it...my eyes are bad, anyone got a link for us??

It was a long time ago (04) but I found some info that might help..
Mopars part # 1-02932230
Year Ones part # FD32230

I priced the plastic channel in the vent window for a guy not long ago and they are $125 for two (left and right door). Geezzzz!

Thanks guys, Red I chkd those #'s and they are for the plastic channel, but it includes 2 clips??? Hope those are the ones, but yep pricy $73 a side.

Thanks guys, Red I chkd those #'s and they are for the plastic channel, but it includes 2 clips??? Hope those are the ones, but yep pricy $73 a side.

The "clips" are the nylon guides upper and lower. I dont know if they will include the little pins that go through the hole in the glass. Its a easy to loose piece too.

There are different methods of installing these parts. I choose to take the door glass out the top of the track.
The vent window did have to come apart a bit but not completely out of the door.

About the blue plastic fastener attaching the glass to the regulator... I have never backed its center pin out without breakage. i have used a small punch to drive its center pin on through and out the backside successfully a few times.
If it breaks, a homemade substitute is a short piece of neoprene fuel hose and a 1/4 inch X 1 inch hex head bolt with nyloc locking nut.
Have fun

-
Back