Door Lock Cylinders

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Trying to remove my lock cylinders so I can get them rekeyed for the trunk lock I got. I cannot for the life of me move these clips in any direction to get the lock arm off the door latch. Should they just slide towards the outer door? Am I missing something?

Thanks

IMG_3651.jpg
IMG_3654.jpg

I use a long nose small vise grip. Clamp it on the lip and move back and forth away from the cylinder.
Good Luck

I use a long nose small vise grip. Clamp it on the lip and move back and forth away from the cylinder.
Good Luck
I think you're talking about the cylinder clip itself, which I had no problem removing. It's the clip that holds the arm to the door mechanism. Unless there is a lip I can't see.

Thanks, yeah, I tried pulling and pushing on that thing in all directions.
Pull the circled clip and the arm come loose.

View attachment 1715398577
I appreciate your help. I have tried to move that clip in every conceivable way. Can you be more specific as to which direction etc. Anything might help. I can't get the thing to move at all in any direction.

Why not rekey the trunk lock to match doors?
Hit it with some good thick penetrant so it stays on and doesnt drip off?

Trunk lock and door locks are completely different keys. Ignition keys and door lock keys are the same, trunk lock and glove box keys are the same.

Trunk lock and door locks are completely different keys. Ignition keys and door lock keys are the same, trunk lock and glove box keys are the same.
Thanks, yeah I figured that out. My driver side lock is getting keyed to the ignition key

-
Back