Door panel fastener template

-

J.B.

Reaction score
Hi guys i bought a 71 demon with new door panels from previous owner but there is not perforations on the door panels for the fasteners. Does anyone know where i can get a template with the proper laceration shape so i can X-acto the spots to drop in the fasteners

Get a large sheet of newsprint, masking paper, etc.
Lay it over the door frame, and tape it in place.
Do a pencil or charcoal rubbing of the door panel mounting points.
You now have your template.

Solution #2: Use heavy Velcro to mount the panel.

There is a video on youtube where someone is putting door panels on a 1970 Rallye Olds and he placed the clips in the door, dabbed some white paint on the clips back and then placed the door panel in place. The paint leaves a dab where the door panel backing would need to be cut for the clips...
Not to hijack but does the velcro method work? Has anyone used that? It does seem a simple solution.

There is a video on youtube where someone is putting door panels on a 1970 Rallye Olds and he placed the clips in the door, dabbed some white paint on the clips back and then placed the door panel in place. The paint leaves a dab where the door panel backing would need to be cut for the clips...
Not to hijack but does the velcro method work? Has anyone used that? It does seem a simple solution.
Thanks for that, the velcro sticky on the back i would think would fall off metal when door is hot

Hi guys i bought a 71 demon with new door panels from previous owner but there is not perforations on the door panels for the fasteners. Does anyone know where i can get a template with the proper laceration shape so i can X-acto the spots to drop in the fasteners
Are the door panel clip locations the same on a 73 duster? If so, I have a template.

Thanks for that, the velcro sticky on the back i would think would fall off metal when door is hot
Maybe the light duty household stuff; but if you use the heavy or industrial velcro, once it's stuck in place, it isn't going anywhere.

3-4, maybe 5 years now, zero issues with using velcro. Used it on console carpet also. Good luck with xacto bs...

-
Back