Double D@MMIT

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Well guys, I finally got my first speeding ticket at 2:11 this morning. I was coming home from the Incubus concert/date and got tagged doing 78 in a 60. The worst part is, it was in a damned mini van. How stupid is that! Plus I had five friends with me.

To make things better though, today I got a new phone and the last four numbers are 0340. So thats cool.

Jeremy

Bummer, hope they didn't ding you too bad for that. I heard on the radio here a few days ago I guy got caught doing, in kilometers per hour not miles, 188 in a 50 zone on his motorcycle, that's about 120 mph in a 30 zone #-o I think the hanging is next week :-D

The worse part?

When we were younger, every concert we went to seemed to be in a van with 5 or more people stuffed in there. That was par for the course. And yes, I do remember being pulled over a couple of times but it was mainly for the kegs and the BAs. ;)

I was going to ask why you were out at 2:11 in the morning but you've explained that. Lucky for you. Most people out at that time are usually wound tighter than a G string and well on there way to a bad wreck. Worst part about it is you will probably realize the impact on your insurance. Hell i might get a ticket tomorrow but for now when i drive my tough stuff and get to feelin heavy footed on the right side my head is mounted on ball bearings lookin for the man. Funny thing happened the other day. I live very close to the State Trooper office and we comunicate regularly. Some of the guys are young and look like they are younger than my son. So i pull up to a red light and there sets one of the young Troopersand we're on the front line side by side. I'm in the pumped up 318 72 Triple Black Duster and i look over and he grins. This thing is soundin good. He kinda power brakes his Trooper car and then lets off. I looked over and grin. When the light turns green we both casually took off. No tire spinning. I added a little power so as to move on out in front of him then applied the gas aggressivly. No problems. He was just being the kid he was like this 57 yr old guy. Buy the way, What's a ticket???
Small Block

See thats why I couldn't be a cop. I would want to keep you right there till sun up. I would lectrue on and on about how wrong that is and how you should be ashamed of yourself. The financial consequence of the citations hurt others in the household in many cases. Rarely does it change the drivers perspective. I'd rather see remorse in your eyes and watch you sincerly appologize to all your passengers. Then only a warning ticket is issued.
The officer can't spend all his time asking you "What if a deer jumped out ?", yada yada. He has to move on to the next irresponcible clown.

See thats why I couldn't be a cop. I would want to keep you right there till sun up. I would lectrue on and on about how wrong that is and how you should be ashamed of yourself. The financial consequence of the citations hurt others in the household in many cases. Rarely does it change the drivers perspective. I'd rather see remorse in your eyes and watch you sincerly appologize to all your passengers. Then only a warning ticket is issued.
The officer can't spend all his time asking you "What if a deer jumped out ?", yada yada. He has to move on to the next irresponcible clown.

I think he just slapped you you irresponsible clown. lol Dang I think i,d rather pay a ticket. lol

I think he just slapped you you irresponsible clown. lol Dang I think i,d rather pay a ticket. lol

Hey I'm guilty too.
An officer took a few minutes to talk to me once years ago.
Said something like, "Hell when I was your age I thoght I couldn't drive a car without a girl under each arm, but you really care about her you'll put her back in her seat and stay on your side of the road !"
He didn't even write me a warning ticket. I think his advise did much more good than a fine would have.

Being my first ticket, I hope it won't screw with my insurance to bad. I have been driving legally for over 10 years and this is the first. So not to bad if you ask me. There was no reason for him to keep me there. I was awake and alert, just wanted to get home. I wasn't drunk or anything. I was very polite to him and he treated me with the same respect. I am not upset about the ticket in anyway. I deserved it. Crazy thing is though, about an hour earlier. We were cruising down the freeway (the concert and my Jennies house are about 100 miles from me) and I was going 82 in a 65 and a UHP car pulled onto the freeway, I staid going 82 and passed him. He pulled up behind me and followed for a minute and then passed me and casually went down the freeway. As far as sitting there and apolgizing to all my friends, why? We were not going any faster than most cars go on this stretch of road during the day. Heck, we were doing 90 on the freeway on the way down just keeping up with traffic. As far as possibly hitting a deer, you can never guess when that might happen. But you can't always worry about it either. Otherwise you wouldn't drive. The officer was nice and wrote the ticket for 9 over at 69 MPH, so that should help.

Don't know about anywhere else but since tax revenues have gone down here in Taxachusetts, the number of tickets has steadily gone up. Big thing in my area is to pull over a car for some bogus infraction so they can ticket you for no seatbelt. Law here is tht they can't stop for seatbelt infractions only but they can ticket for it when they stop you for something else.

-
Back