Dougs D453 headers went in ti my 70 Dart yesterday....

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A sharp point on the box is Almost touching a tube. The coupler is very close to a tube can u say burning rubber ? Raising the motor mounts will allow me to get some hi temp heat shield wrapped around the box Im Looking at a shaft universal joint.
One tube 1/3 inch away from the oil pan.. If i had wrapped them, no go. I may have to ding them when I Install 1.03 torsion bars.
I dropped the steering as im rebuilding it anyway. Im sure im missing something !!
Any ideas, sugesstions welcome !
Gibson tips out back.

View attachment 1715869128

View attachment 1715869129

0213222211_HDR.jpg

0213222210_HDR.jpg

0213222210a_HDR.jpg

0213222211a_HDR.jpg

0213222214_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Ditch the factory steering coupler and put a 3/4 inch aftermarket one on that will save you a little toom, break the grinder out on shaving corner or gear box and heat wrap wires...headers on mopars are a pain in the..ya know

Ditch the factory steering coupler and put a 3/4 inch aftermarket one on that will save you a little toom, break the grinder out on shaving corner or gear box and heat wrap wires...headers on mopars are a pain in the..ya know
Im Looking for a joint that requires no welding and minimal fabrication

I had to clearance the lower ps box bolt, and maybe a Lil box mount area. Also, a Dimple here and there.

Last edited:
You could search and read some off the older installation posts to find how others gained clearance.
There's a lot of room there .

Here's what I did. Find the Most Annoying ( meaning THE Point ) of First contact, that's keeping Everything from layin' in. Modify, eliminate, change that 1st. Then, tackle the smaller issues.

You could search and read some off the older installation posts to find how others gained clearance.
Yes, excellent idea !

You guys are making this a whole lot harder/longer than nec .
Having the engine in the right place helps .
Footnote #39
You have a huge engine fan blowing a lotta air to cool .
Search my name, I have gone thru install tips a few times.
Good luck .

Last edited:
Footnote #39
Search my name, I have gone thru install helps a few times.
Good luck .
Man, that makes me wanna
go out and pop a tape on Mine!

My car is a power steering box I believe the manual box has a laeger input shaft.
When I converted my 68 Coronet 383 4 spd car to Manual ( Whhaaa, I Miss Her!!) It was the same. And my Brother Tugboat elongated the shaft, w/o any adapters. There is collapsible plastic pins in them. DO NOT DO THIS. Disclaimer... for Real

Footnote #39
Search my name, I have gone thru install tips a few times.
Good luck .
2 electric fans here
Tubes still too close to box, will Install a. Heat insulating blanket

Last edited:
Brooks James I am still waiting for my $117 refund can you please tell me when it will be in the mail you promised to mail it on two different occasions and I have not received anything yet

-
Back