Doug's D453 Headers

-

Kegan B

Reaction score
I looked all over and couldn't really find pics of what I'm wanting. Anyone that is running D453s have a pic of the k-frame straight on showing how much they hang down? I'm thinking of getting a set but don't want something I'll be beating off of roads, railroad tracks, speed bumps ect. I know as low as my car sits headmans are out of the question. Thanks

The collector hangs half on and half off of the frame rail at it's lowest point. They are as tucked as an a-body header gets.

The collector hangs half on and half off of the frame rail at it's lowest point. They are as tucked as an a-body header gets.

This. They're actually about 3/8" higher off the ground than TTI's. Only way to get more ground clearance is to run TTI shorties or stock manifolds.

Here's an undercar shot for you. Passenger side sits lowest, mine is 4" from the ground. But my car sits pretty low, with only 25" from the ground to the top of the wheel opening with 25.6" tall tires. Skidplate on the K member is only 5.5" off the ground. In about 7k miles I've only managed to lightly drag one over a REALLY tall speed bump.

IMG_2157_zpssqfgtfqh.jpg

IMG_2156_zpscldbued3.jpg

IMG_2055_zps5frhndco.jpg

I just ordered Doug's D453 from Summit for $532.53. Autozone has them at $627.99 minus 20% coupon code for a total of $502.39. Summit would not go that low but came down to $532.53, in stock, delivered tomorrow. I love dealing with Summit.

I just ordered Doug's D453 from Summit for $532.53. Autozone has them at $627.99 minus 20% coupon code for a total of $502.39. Summit would not go that low but came down to $532.53, in stock, delivered tomorrow. I love dealing with Summit.

Why didn't you just get them from Autozone and save $30? They ship really quick as well.

Im in Canada and got my D453 shipped to my US address for 502.00 from Autozone with the 20% coupon. I put these on my 72 340 Duster, man what a difference from the Hookers. Now I can drive without the worry of bottoming out over every bump. I am very happy with the D453s. Do it Kegan B, trust me I shopped around and this was the best price.

Im in Canada and got my D453 shipped to the US for 502.00 from Autozone with the 20% coupon. I put these on my 72 340 Duster, man what a difference from the Hookers. Now I can drive without the worry of bottoming out over every bump. I am very happy with the D453s

sorry to thread jack but when you changed over the headers, did you have to do anything to the rest of your exhaust or did they bolt right up to your old exhaust.

I just ordered a set from Summit and they price matched. Bought the raw steel version so I can have them coated in black ceramic locally. Paid $358 with free shipping.

-
Back