dougs headers

-

terryr

Reaction score
ive gone and bought a set ,ive had a good look through ,and everyone useing these seems to have manual steering ,it does say for use with power on their advertising ,i have got a flaming river steering box if need be but i would like to keep the power set up if possible ,has anyone got these on with power

cheers terry

I had a 65 Valiant with a 360 and Dougs headers. It had power steerin.

ive gone and bought a set ,ive had a good look through ,and everyone useing these seems to have manual steering ,it does say for use with power on their advertising ,i have got a flaming river steering box if need be but i would like to keep the power set up if possible ,has anyone got these on with power

cheers terry

LHD or RHD ????

How do they compare to the TTI headers? I have a set of TTI's on my 66 Barracuda but I hate the fact that the driver side suspension has to be taken apart to install or remove them. Are Doug's the same or can you get them in and out without taking the car apart?

i dont know yet ,ive still to pick them up ,i wont install them till winter when im going to upgrade the mtr and trans and fit a new axle ,just wanted to know wether i can use my power steering or not

ive heard you can get em in without taking the tortion bar out ,but its easier if you do remove it ,it sounds like a pain whatever

If I can find it, some time back I posted a link to an article were they put on a set. You do need to unbolt the engine mount pad from the K frame and jack the engine around a bit, but that is it. I have herd they are much easier than the TTI's as they come apart to go around all the fun stuff. I plan on going with the Doug's.

How do they compare to the TTI headers? I have a set of TTI's on my 66 Barracuda but I hate the fact that the driver side suspension has to be taken apart to install or remove them. Are Doug's the same or can you get them in and out without taking the car apart?

i keep looking at where these headers are going to go ,and i really would like to see a picture of some fitted with power steering coz it looks damn close if they do fit

I would like to know if the factory starter would fit? They recommend the Mopar mini starter, but as the are supposable the same as the old D-stock headers I would think the factory starter should work. No mini starters back in 1966!!! LOL

no way with the starter you need the mini ,every write up ive seen has been with manual steer,but they list power in their footnotes,,,i just want to see it in the flesh ,these pipes have cost me a fortune and ive still got to get them coated and i dont want to bash the bejesus out of them

SEE...you all have manual steers

mr doug header,needs a smack in the mouth,,,if it dont fit

#sorry them headers have cost me £650 not dollar,think ,,,,a thousand bucks thats why i want them to fit,,,,,

I picked up a set I have power steering also. I'll let you know how it goes when I drop in the new engine. Till then...i guess its a race to see who wins this install. Good Luck

I just installed a set on mine w/power steering,they fit great.1st set of headers for a Mopar I've had that didn't need to beat on to get them to fit. Have spool mounts w/poly inserts.

Here ya go..65 Dart Gt, They fit.. a little tight but they fit!!!
IMG_8379.jpg

If I may ask terryr...Did your headers come with a set of instructions? I picked up a used set of 450's and I thought I heard they did. If you have and can, can you scan and post it?
Mahalo!

kin ell ,they are tight,,,,do i want that much punishment,,,,ive had mine coated and they looke wonderfull,,,,how dare i put my dougs near you lot

Hay Mike,
Just email Doug's and they will email them to you. I had them do it for me just so I could see how they went on. LOL

Have fun!

If I may ask terryr...Did your headers come with a set of instructions? I picked up a used set of 450's and I thought I heard they did. If you have and can, can you scan and post it?
Mahalo!

Mahalo!
they were bought cheap,,,,,,,no instructions:wack::wack:

-
Back