Dougs Headers

-

67Redfish

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After researching this site for information about the best fitting headers I narrowed my choices down to TTi and Dougs. For the money, however, I decided to go with Dougs. From what I have read, TTi vs. Dougs is a big topic of debate so I thought I could give back to the site by providing some pics of the Dougs installed.

As you can see, ground clearance is essentially the same as my extra capacity transmission pan. In the engine compartment they are close to my PS unit, but they do not touch. Overall, they seem well made, I think they look good and definitely changed the sound of the exhaust for the better. :cheers:

Headers ground clearance.jpg

Headers ground clearance2.jpg

Header DS fit.jpg

Headers PS fit.jpg

they're half about 450. I have had a set on the demon for 3 years and have only scraped once and it was because of driver error

Demon Kyle is right. TTis were in excess of $700 and the ceramic coated Dougs I purchased from Summit Racing were $540. Still not cheap compared to most others, but the fit is pretty good.

Are those Dougs step headers like the TTIs?

I ordered TTI through Mancini at Carlisle and got the nickle coated ones for $565 plus shipping (10% off show special). But if you can get the Dougs through Summit with their $11 flat charge per order thats a pretty good deal.

i have a 1968 baracuda formula s 340 running tricked w2s.does any one build 1-7/8 that fit inside wheel wells?i also have a 1972 pro pick up and cant find any thing bigger then 1-5/8 with out going custom built?(360)

Hello everyone,

After researching this site for information about the best fitting headers I narrowed my choices down to TTi and Dougs. For the money, however, I decided to go with Dougs. From what I have read, TTi vs. Dougs is a big topic of debate so I thought I could give back to the site by providing some pics of the Dougs installed.

As you can see, ground clearance is essentially the same as my extra capacity transmission pan. In the engine compartment they are close to my PS unit, but they do not touch. Overall, they seem well made, I think they look good and definitely changed the sound of the exhaust for the better. :cheers:

What is the diameter of these headers? How was the install and what needed to be removed to get the drivers side on? Are they like the cheepo headman's (not saying these even compare to the headman's) with 3 pipes together and one at the rear cyl way out in left field where the pitman arm goes through? Do you still have the part #

Doug's does not make a header for a 360 in a 67 Dart only TTi. They given us headers for the last two giveaway cars & they fit perfectly. Even the complete system went in about 3 hrs in the 67 Dart. Nice fit overall.

CIMG0627web.jpg

Doug's does not make a header for a 360 in a 67 Dart only TTi. They given us headers for the last two giveaway cars & they fit perfectly. Even the complete system went in about 3 hrs in the 67 Dart. Nice fit overall.

CIMG0627web.jpg

Why wouldn't the Dougs fit a 67 w/360. I've never seen anyone with a 67 SB car have a problem when using factory heads. 67 has the same basic engine compartment as a 68-72. Summit list the D453 for that application.

tti used an old set of Dougs as the basis for their routing. No plug wire issues with either, Douge or tti. New style Dougs do not have the slip tube that goes around the T-bar. Dougs are 1 5/8" tube. Dougs are not stepped. In my experience, the step doesn't do a whole lot.

I've been very happy with the Dougs that I have and would spend my money there, 100 more times than spending an additional 200-300 at tti. If it was a race car only, a tti header wouldn't be anywhere near my car.

-
Back