Dougs Headers

-

Royalbull@73

Reaction score
Anybody have issues installing Doug's Headers recently on their small block cars? I have seen a couple of complaints that are not favorable and then some that really like them? Looking to install them on a 72 Demon with a 340 and a 4 speed. Would I be better off going with TTI or some other brand?

Thanks

I love em in my 71 duster
But I don't have a 4 speed, and I never had TTIs to compare them too

Anybody have issues installing Doug's Headers recently on their small block cars? I have seen a couple of complaints that are not favorable and then some that really like them? Looking to install them on a 72 Demon with a 340 and a 4 speed. Would I be better off going with TTI or some other brand?

Thanks

Get ready to modify the z-bar.

I like the price of them compared to tti. tti have issues fitting as well. These cars were built with varying tolerances.

I had Doug's and loved them. The drivers side was a little close so I used truck mounts which raised to engine up a tad and everything cleared.

I have them on my 340 with edelbrock heads, no issues with fitment although very close to power steering gear box as well as steering coupler, went with the painted finish and they do add some heat to the engine compartment so I used heat shielding on the starter and all wiring close to the headers. They have decent ground clearance as well

Dougs D453
70Dart auto, ps 360
Driver side motor mount raised with washers
Ps box very close to tube
Very tight fit
1 5/8 OK 1 7/8 could be a problem
Mini starter best
Fat torsion bars could rub tubes
QuAlity, Excellent, worth the $

Ceramics reduce engine compartment heat, and look really cool.

ZB340_detail.jpg

I'm going in the reverse direction ... I want to remove my Doug's Headers and go back to stock 340 exhausts.

Anybody know where I can get the original stock headers?

Thanks

I'm going in the reverse direction ... I want to remove my Doug's Headers and go back to stock 340 exhausts.

Anybody know where I can get the original stock headers?

What year car and are you looking for the correct numbers for that year? 273/318/340/360 which engine as well.

Whoops. Mine is a 72 Duster, 340, 4-spd.

Thanks.

Stock OE would be a high flow drivers side with 2 1/2 outlet and a flange on the manifold for a heat stove. On the passenger side, it's a log type manifold with 340-360 ports and 1 7/8" I believe outlet.

For reference these have 1973 model year date codes. But the part numbers are the same: [SOLD] - Pair of 73 340 exhaust manifolds

For reference these have 1972 date codes: [SOLD] - 72-73 340 Exhaust Manifolds

a8e293b2-e40a-4f6a-9bcd-535d0aaf0420-jpeg.jpg

8aba30d3-9265-4a63-b76e-1ebf80192ab8-jpeg.jpg

We recently installed a set of D453 Doug's on a 72 Duster 349 s speed car. We did have to heat & bend the Z bar, we also clearanced the passenger side header with heat, a pipe & a BFH. We were really satisfied that we didn't have to greatly modify anything else.

Dougs D453
70Dart auto, ps 360
Driver side motor mount raised with washers
Ps box very close to tube
Very tight fit
1 5/8 OK 1 7/8 could be a problem
Mini starter best
Fat torsion bars could rub tubes
QuAlity, Excellent, worth the $
Edit, update, the 1.03 PST torsion bars will definitely require some passenger side. Header tube massaging

I tried TTi's on my Valiant , could not make them fit ..bought Dougs, got lucky on price it was cyber monday, half the price .. fit much better, still really tight though

-
Back