Downunder Dart

-
Radiator cleaned & ready for re-core it was only running at 15%.
DSCF3398.jpg

DSCF3396.jpg

DSCF3402.jpg

DSCF3403.jpg

Now this is a bit back to front as the exhaust was do before I found the over heating problem.
When it was on the host I was looking at the space between the inner fender, front pitman arm , engine starter motor & the gear box because I have ordered a set of Hedman Headers, well there's not a lot of room & looks like I need to drop the front end out to fit them.
Anyhow I fitted a 2 1/2 twin with no balance pipe as I'm going for the erea sound & look.
DSCF3255.jpg

DSCF3254.jpg

The end result is it sounds...........fantasic. How do I post a video clip?

Had a nice suprise when I got home. Parts have started to arrive from Summit a set of Hedman Headers, Grant steering wheel & a B & M shift kit. More to come!

DSCF3365.jpg

DSCF3366.jpg

DSCF3367.jpg

Still have not decidered if I want to go the stroker 408 or hot up 318/360. If I go the stroker it will be better to get one from the US. Who's a good supplier of them?

Alright it's catch up time.
Managed to pick up some caps for the wheels at a swap meet. They have finished them off nicely.

DSCF3408.jpg

DSCF3404.jpg

DSCF3406.jpg

Radiator is now 3 row & is part Dodge Dart & part Oz Valiant.

DSCF3412.jpg

DSCF3411.jpg

The Dart is now on the road & running fine. Here's the end result.

DSCF3425.jpg

DSCF3424.jpg

DSCF3462.jpg

Now come's the mods, looking at 360/408 & still run the air cond & pwr steer, change the wheels to 15 x 6 front & 15 x 8 rear, run some Caltracks.
Booked in for a repaint in October same colour but change the roof to either black or dark green.

Any surrgestions or ideas would help.

Up date on the project. Picked up a 360 off EBay, it was covered in dust & oil, stored for along time & only a long block.
The guy I got it off said " got no history, bought it of this guy & asked nothing but it turns over"
DSCF3551.jpg

DSCF3548.jpg

DSCF3549.jpg

I will strip it down soon to have a look.

We're at about the same stage, I picked up a 360 short and I am trying to work out the best combo for strong street motor.

Booked in for a repaint in October same colour but change the roof to either black or dark green.

Any surrgestions or ideas would help.

Looking great. I would go with a black roof it tricks your eye and makes it seem lower.

-
Back