Drag Race Converter ?

-

1969Fish

Reaction score
Had a converter go out on a mild 440 dart. I had a 10 tci street fighter in it. What is everyone's opinions on 10", 8", brands, stall, etc. would love to hear everyone's experiences with each!

Had a converter go out on a mild 440 dart. I had a 10 tci street fighter in it. What is everyone's opinions on 10", 8", brands, stall, etc. would love to hear everyone's experiences with each!

Call frank lupo at dynamic converters. Have your cam specs,weights,gear ratios,etc handy and be honest with him about what you have and want. You will be very happy with it

TCI is total crap..give ultimate converter a call Lenny is a wizard on converters..

race car? street car? street/strip?....give us a clue...

What they said...

Call someone and have a converter built for you car. It WILL be worth the extra coin in the long run.

I called PTC and had one built for my setup. Couldn't be happier

The absolute best idea is to contact a converter builder. You will need to give them ALL of the specs on the car, everything, as well as intended usage..

They will need car weight, drivetrain specifics, gearing, tire size, complete engine specs etc.

Strictly a drag car, or do you drive it on the street too?

They can build you what you need.

Any 440 in a dart ?
This should be in the racing part of the forum any-who NO?
I'm a 4 speed guy myself , I'll just shut up . ....

Any 440 in a dart ?
This should be in the racing part of the forum any-who NO?
I'm a 4 speed guy myself , I'll just shut up . ....

Not ever 440 A body is a race car...LOL...

Please dont shut up.....we will miss the entertainment....LOL

With a mild 440 you dont want a loose 8 inch converter behind it....or with a build 440 you dont want a tight 10 inch converter.....

It is always best to call several converter manufacturer and tell them what you got and what your intentions are....

Put a Daaco 2500 reman in it.

-
Back