Drag Week

-
We haven't welded it up yet, but intend on fabricating attachment fitting to rear frame rail for "wishbone" hitch unit. Light unit (trailer and load be 500-700 lbs). Want ability to take off hitch unit if we need for car's weight balance and/or total weight mgmt. Then also have it if need weight added.

May be month + before we get to that. Lol

I'm going to build a hitch....but that's a few months away, first I need to change the quarter panels on the car, build the trailer, the hitch will get done about 2 days before Drag week....say September 4 or 5th...

Today's small victory... got the rear tires mounted. 275 Mickeys look good on the old 10" auto drags

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

You bringing street tires also or just going to run the drag radials?
Most likely to run these cop wheels on the front and some kind of tall rear tires on the back on steel wheels.... unless I get motivated enough to stick a gear vendors over drive in it....

IMG_0890.JPG

This is no Bull .... between dirt and bondo I bet I will drop 50lbs changing the panels.

Well after 6 weeks the quarter panels finally made it yesterday....

IMG_0927.JPG

If they had not shown up in another week I was going to switch to a different car ....

If they had not shown up in another week I was going to switch to a different car ....

Understand. Every build I do or am involved in ... I think I'm being conservative in time estimates (and money lol) and its usually double. Lol

One panel welded on, these are paper thin made in Taiwan skins , not even close to an AMD in quality.

IMG_0929.JPG

Looks like you are making progress. I'm going to the track tonight to do some more tuning on mine.

I just want it to run good... not to concerned with performance, there will be a lot of faster cars in my class

IMG_0930.JPG

Panel number 2 installed....about 4 hours of seam sealing and such and I will be on to the power train install

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG
IMG_1405.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
a) i am sooooo jealous!
b) i Need a Trailer hitch. Can you guys Show me what you got?

Here's the hitch. Dave (guy at shop working on it) found it off car in junkyard (think a mini van ... lol ). Using small trailer of course - like one I posted from Lowes

It bolts up to end of the frame rails ( 3rd photo) and through rear to where bumper bolts - via a piece welded to hitch bar above where it's bolted to frame rail (2nd photo) So each side has 3 attachments points - two for load and one to prevent torquing.

Hitch extension & ball come out where license plate is. We'll put plate on one of those old school hinges. (1st pic).

-
Back