Drip edge trim removal?

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Anybody know a good way to take the drip edge trim off without destroying it?:munky2:

A couple of members described the process very well not long ago. There is a tool available that looks somewhat like a bottle opener. I think they said you can get it at NAPA. At least one of the guys made his own. Hopefully one of them will point you to the thread.

a very thin small flat head screw driver and alot of paitence ALOT take your time and easy as she goes

get it started at one end, don't pry to hard or it will bend the edge. sometimes a block of wood can be used to give it more surface area against the edge. work your way back, if you peel it too much, it could also curl, and that is a pain.

When I remove them I usually put a layer or two of masking tape and use a bottle opener very gently to remove the trim. Use the blunt ended side of the bottle opener.

Have you not checked my thread entitled..."Drip rail removal tool", where I describe in depth the art of drip rail trim removal with a nice FREE homemade tool you can make yourself from a piece of oak flooring??? Even included pictures of the tool in action. Check it out!!! Just enter "Drip rail remoavl tool" in the search function and it'll come up!! Geof

i just tonight took off two drip rail chrome pcs by grssping the under /inner edge and slowly lifting and rolling until i worked all the way up,,,came off nice..give it a try,,,

Don't use metal against metal when dealing with cosmetic stainless steel. Use wood or a Teflon spoon to get the molding rolling off the drip channel lip.

Thanks Alley and Cos, that is what I remembered seeing.

I taped up the big end on a church key/bottle opener and used that. It worked really slick and came off super easy with no marks or bends.

-
Back