Drive-in movie antics...

-
I used to take a sweet thing to the drive in in my 68 Satellite 4dr and sometimes I was able to snag the folks 70 Chrysler Town & Country wagon!!

Awwwwww ... the ol' (MMM) Mobile Mopar Motel. ;) Reminds of my '70 Plymouth Suburban wagon.

Ah...This is good. Great memories to say the least. I've got my stories but how many of you young bucks will owe up to being concieved in the back seat of some ride at a drive in theatre? I had a 74 Mustang 2 Mach 1 fastback and i went to the salvage funiture sales and bought a bunch of $1 pillows and threw em in the back so when i pulled into the drive in we pulled in backwards and opened up the back lid and folded the back seats down and folded the front seats forward and i couldn't tell you what movie was on till this day. Oh and no one was concieved.....i don't think. Great post guys.

remember this one

intermission.jpg

whitey where in PA are you ? and where are the drive inns?? im out side philthy delphia

Loved the $5 a vehicle night... they hated the 24' motorhome!

We had one untill a few years back. The screen is still standing, but the yard has been turned into a parking lot for the megaplex that killed it. The owners said it wasnt bringing in the money anymore so they shut it down.

Sorry, I dont have any antics.... too young at the time. BUT given the chance....nevermind.

The last movie I viewed at our drive in was "The nutty professor"

My last one was about 28 years ago with Treva, Know my wife.
I had a black dodge colt GT that would out run most small blocks for the first 150'. I think it was a 78 model, I would ice down some TJ Swan Stepping Out for Treva and It was jack and coke for me back then. The Sky Veiw closed down a long time ago, As a child about 12 years young I would hang out at the play ground they had at one in Fla, and search for chicks with a big grin on my face. Back when holding hands with your girl friend was almost as good as sex.

1977_Dodge_Colt_GT_Sport_Coupe_f3q_B_W.jpg

Is that bun saying to the dog "I want you inside me"?

Man, you didn't say it was an "X" rated drive in

whitey where in PA are you ? and where are the drive inns?? im out side philthy delphia

I live north of Allentown, probably about 45 min on the TPike. Mahoning is in Lehighton, Becky's is near Danielsville, Shankweilers is in Orefield, and Laurel is near Hazelton.

we use to go to the drive in all the time

when I was 10 The Graduate came out and we were camping that week. We all went to the drive in to get out of the camper for the evening. Mom kept covering my eyes, especially when the tassels were twirling. Later that year my older brother took me to the inside show and he didn't cover my eyes............LOL

Use to sneak in all the time, mom had a 67 Lincoln with elesctric trunk release great car to take to the movies. Friends down the street mom and dad had a Chevy wagon, 5 people could hid in it

The 4 wheel drives were good to park backwards and set chairs up in the bed.

and yes there is plenty of room in an elCamino

Most all Drive in's are closed in the Indy area and have not been in many years. Doubt I would want to take the Dart due to the dust

When I worked at Indianapolis Chrysler Electrical plant it was right next to the Shadeland Drive in and we would sit outside at night and watch the movies, could not hear, but could find out if you wanted to spend your money to go see it, married at the time and no need to go to drive in for other reasons

The only "antics" I can remember is when someone changed the local drive-in sign to say "FREE ACID" back when Pink Floyd's "The Wall" was playing.

The only "antics" I can remember is when someone changed the local drive-in sign to say "FREE ACID" back when Pink Floyd's "The Wall" was playing.

Love Pink Floyd music. The Wall was the worst movie I have ever seen. As a matter of fact, it's the only movie I ever walked out on before the end of the flick. Two friends also left with me. Why was that movie made??????

Many moons ago, my buddy John and I got hold of a water fire extinguisher from the high school, filled it, and headed to the Smithtown Drive In. We parked toward the back, waiting for the movie to start when my brother's buddies parked next to us in an old convertable Polara. They were goofing around and John let them have a blast of H2O. He had the nozzle hidden under his hand resting on the door of my GTX, so they couldn't see where the water came from. John then did rapid fire and got five out of five head shots. They thought it was the funniest thing going.

As the movie started, a family of Puerto Ricans (all we heard was Spanish) pulled up next to us on the left in a beat up wagon. After about 20 minutes of them jabbering, one of the kids got out to go to the snack bar. As the kid passed in front of us, John let him have a blast. Head shot at 20 feet! The kid ran back to the family wagon, followed by more animated jabbering. My brother's buddies next to us were howling.

The kid got out again and headed for the snack bar...same thing...head shot. The kid ran back to the car. John and I just sat there like we saw nothing, but the guys in the convertable were wetting their pants.

Next, we see the old man get out and walk in front of our cars. We sat there like nothing happened. He was pissed off! He stared at the two cars for about 20 seconds, turned around, and headed back to the station wagon. That was when John gave him a good blast to the back of the head. He ran back into the car, started the engine, and they took off.

A good time was had by (almost) all.

-
Back