drive line

-

3404spdfish

Reaction score
the 65 barracuda now has a 727 and has 8.75 in it. I put the yoke in transmission all the way back it out around an inch, there is weight is on suspension and I took measurement from center to center and got a measurement of 46 inches, does this sound like the right process to get length of driveshaft? side note is there a shorter transmission mount out there i used the 65 rubber mount and the tail shaft hits the bump stop in the tunnel.

Call whoever is building the driveshaft, they will let you know what measurements they need. I just had one built and it was from the trans seal to the yoke flat.

Picture of your transmission tail shaft hitting the tunnel would help. If you lower the transmission the drive shaft distance to the rear end may get shorter by a little bit.

Denny's site has what your looking for
DennysDriveshaft.com

the 65 barracuda now has a 727 and has 8.75 in it. I put the yoke in transmission all the way back it out around an inch, there is weight is on suspension and I took measurement from center to center and got a measurement of 46 inches, does this sound like the right process to get length of driveshaft? side note is there a shorter transmission mount out there i used the 65 rubber mount and the tail shaft hits the bump stop in the tunnel.
I have that setup in a '66 Barracuda, and mine is 46" center to center too, so, you should be good.

this picture is the bump stop above the transmission, the tail shaft hits this.

20231118_101935.jpg

this picture is why the transmission hits bump stop. the original 1965 transmission mount is tall. the transmission hits the bump stop and there fore you cannot put the bolts in the transmission cross member.

20231118_101915.jpg

these pictures are from the 66 dart, the 69 barracuda is the same. the transmission mount is way shorter, so before I order one, I will have to take it out of the 69 barracuda (its just easier to get to) put it in the 65 and see if the cross member goes in with no problems

20231118_102317.jpg

20231118_102350.jpg

ok well the 69 barracuda manual transmission mount is about 1/2 shorter. I can get all 4 bolts back in the transmission cross member and have about 1/8 of clearance between tail shaft and tunnel bump stop.

you could shove the yoke all the way in , mwasre ,then tell the builder the measurement and how you did it , if he`s any good , he`ll know what to do/cut it 1'' shorter .
always was told by the shaft builder to do that way ...

-
Back