Drive shaft length

-

muddacres

Reaction score
I'm looking for some input for the length of my drive shaft. I got 70 Dart with 8 3/4 741 case and 833 4 speed. What I found was just under 48".
Thanks for the thread.
Jim

With a 318 or a 340 The drive shaft length would be 51.53" long. That is center to center of the u-joints.

I'm looking for some input for the length of my drive shaft. I got 70 Dart with 8 3/4 741 case and 833 4 speed. What I found was just under 48".
Thanks for the thread.
Jim
Try this chart.. Hopefully you can read it ok?

mopar driveshafts.jpg

Factory for a '70 Dart with an 833 and an 8 3/4 the driveshaft should be ~51.5".

Just under 48" is more like 727 and 8 3/4 territory.

Yes I agree 51.5. My 69 Swinger 340, 4 spd with 8 3/4 is 51.5. It would make sense the 70 would be the same.. cheers.

Thanks guys. Now the task to find one with the yoke. :steering: :elmer::thankyou:
Take a number...LOL. I have posted on AM at least 3 times now looking for the same. Difficult to find the exact 51.5 inch length.

I must have been splitting hairs when I posted 51.53" but that was what the FSM had.
All of the drive shaft lengths are in there.

I must have been splitting hairs when I posted 51.53" but that was what the FSM had.
All of the drive shaft lengths are in there.
Here`s a novel idea, why not just measure the dam thing and have one made like u want it ! Around $150 here ! New, stronger , and balanced . I `ve had 4 diff ones made, only had trouble w/ one of them, and that was behind a superstock hemi engine, the rear yoke broke on the big end.

-
Back