"Driven home" (the point) No OHC V engines!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I was considering a newer pickup. I had pretty much decided IT HAS TO BE a pushrod engine, which pretty much means a hemi or Chevy / GMC. I don't need Triton problems

But my old 98 Ranger was a 4.0 PUSHROD, and like an idiot I have also been considering newish'er Rangers That is, until this morning, watching this video on changing Ferd 4.0 OHC cam drives.

!!!CRAP!!!

Bear in mind.........notice one cam is driven by a jackshaft clear through the engine and so you need access to the REAR of the engine.

I went to work at Ford just after the recall was pulled.

Still wound up doing more than a few in my own shop a few years later.

It was a pain in the ***.

Similar to the Chrysler 2.8 with the water pump inside the timing cover...been there.

"I guess" what I'm down to for pickup choices is a hemi 1/2T Ram or a Silverado/ Sierra LS/ Vortec, or whatever / if the more modern outgrowth of an S10?

In other words, whatever that's out there, pushrod V6--V8

The Colorado has a timing chain in the back of the block also. That's what I heard. Have you considered a D100?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS24rYXB0x5t48_pL_Wli1YbHoIXN96vlhN2Q3lvk_i2fNbhoUv.jpg

The Colorado has a timing chain in the back of the block also. That's what I heard. Have you considered a D100?
View attachment 1715331086
The Colorado timing chain is a 2 day job. Another genius design. I will say, I had 164,000 on mine when I traded it in. Probably just in time. The Tacoma that replaced it was a different league.

No I ain't into the Canyon/ Colorado thing................

-
Back