Drivers VC, mater cyl clearance and lash adj

-

notenoughcash

Reaction score
O.K., so….I knew it was gonna be a tight fit and all…

f0dab0e2.jpg

but it, for some reason, never clicked that getting the drivers side VC off would pretty much require removing the master cylinder. Since I'll need to adjust lash at some point in time the cover will need to come off.

That said, am I missing something or am I looking at re-bleeding the brakes when I have to do this ? Hard lines from the MC to Prop Valve would seem to dictate this as they aren't going to let me just move things out of the way.

Flexible lines (stainless braided of course) came to mind, even figured out how to retain a loop in them if needed but that just seems, well, wrong, not sure why. They are good enough at the wheels sooo.....

Suggestions or is it one of those "it is what it is, deal with it" scenarios ? Not like I can't do it, but hey, if there's a way to avoid extra work… :)

<edit...yeah, I see the mis-spell in the title, doh!>

Upon further searching (and the above post), looked at the offset adapters, I like the idea for the extra clearance in general but does one of them actually give enough room to pull the VC off without pulling the master off ?

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/ofadforlamom2.html for example (and would it be a safe assumption that wilwood MC will work with it ? )

You should be able to set it up so you can just slide the master off to one side. If you'd rather have more flex, most hydraulic shops can make stainless braided custom hoses.

Years ago, friend of mine used to have a 440 Dart. I BELIEVE the master was factory, had a loop in each hardline. He'd just unbolt it, and slide it over a bit.

-
Back