driverside mirror fix?

-

73goldduster

Reaction score
hello everyone, i know this is probably a silly question, but the outside mirror on my 73 duster has gotten really loose.
not the mount, but the mirror itself. i adjust it, and 30 seconds later im looking at the side of my door in it.
is there a way to fix this without buying a new mirror or having to pull the inside of the door and removing the whole unit?
thanks for any help!

The tension, I believe, is in the head of the mirror itself (not at the joystick control) so you'll likely have to pull the mirror to do anything with it. Shouldn't be hard to do after pulling the interior door panel. Working with the mirror guts is a different story. I have some pics on my project site at: www.70duster440.com (click on the "Misc" link at the bottom) which may or may not be of help.

It's a ball and socket deal behind the mirror glass - and if it's worn out I'm not sure how much you can do with it.

Yes I've had this happen to me. You have to take the mirror out (probably will brake) and tighten up the screws that hold the ball socket in place and put some red lock tight on the little screws. I just had a glass place cut new round mirror for me.

-
Back