Dual Eddy and 69 Dart hood clearance

-

DM7969

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have decided to go the with the carb set-up. 1969 Dart, Alterkation, 5.7 Hemi. Will the Dual Eddy fit under my stock hood? If not, is there another carb option that does fit, with decent performance?

Thanks, Darryl

Look at Rat Patrols thread about getting rid of the modman, I think he mentions milling the eddy a bit to fit on his 71 under the hood....

Joe

If it is within 1/2 inch of clearing, you can maybe space the K member down with aluminum spacers to lower the motor a like amount. I did some measuring on my 65 dart, and it looked like it would be too tall with a regular air cleaner installed. Another possibility is a custom air cleaner made from a drop base air cleaner for a Hemi Cuda shaker system.

Thanks Joe, I have read that thread but missed that part. And Greg I never thought of that option. Thank you both for your help. I would prefer to keep the stock lines of the car.

Attachments

• 2015-03-09 17.48.11.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 206
I originally wanted the dual four look, but couldn't come up with a cold air system plan that I liked. So now I am going to try a 392 SRT8 intake, which angles at the battery tray. The battery is going in the trunk, and the air cleaner will go through the cleaned up rust hole in the inner fender!

I was going for the simplicity of the carb set-up Greg. But I may end up going EFI if I want to keep my hood intact. I could go with a small cowl, just would prefer not to. Overall its good to have options.

Darryl

First, beautiful Vert…

post 8 of the thread I mentioned before, he said 7/16 off the carb pad and it fits… maybe PM him to verify thats what he meant. Goodluck!!

JOE

That's what im doing Greg, true COLD air.

Attachments

• emil 2014 528.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 139
I took 7/16ths off the carb pads...my 2" air cleaner with drop base wouldnt fit under my hood otherwise - the Eddy is 5/16ths taller than the Modman.

Our Charger A body engine bays are pretty much the same size as a Duster or 68-73 Dart

Re- dropping the K frame - check your header clearance...that was thecissue for me...but maybe no problem with the Alterkation

-
Back