dual exhaust slant 6

-

gpreston57

Reaction score
Thinking of having the muffler guy make a "Y" pipe and dual it out with cherry bombs, will this sound good? any suggestions?

I have the factory single exhaust on my Dart, with a Cherry Bomb brand glasspack with a tailpipe. It isn't really loud and sounds pretty decent.

I plan to do the same thing, only I'm going to put the wye after the single muffler. Save the money on using one muffler, and get a better sound.

all you'll be doing is taking up space... just go 2.25" pipe from manifold flange out the back...

if engine is modded then maybe 2.5" single

He's saying run a muffler.

I run a single 2.25" to a Flowmaster original 40 series on my slant.
Sounds like a pissed off bumble bee coming at you.
Single exhaust is all you will need.

what are you saying, run straight pipe, no muffler?

no run a single 2.25" pipe from the manifold flange to what ever muffler you want, then either go t/a exit or over the axle...

my stock slant ran like sh*t with no muffler... dont waste the money on a y and 2 mufflers...

on my built 6 i have dual 2.5" pipes off the header flanges going to a single 3" with a super 44 axle dump... sounds good but its quite...

Attachments

• Good Bye 005.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 930
My wifes 63 Valaint has 2 1/4 out of the manifold to a splitter, then those 2 pipes go to 2 flowmasters.....then 2 1/4 all the way out, on both sides....w/ chrome tips. It sounds like a smallblock ideling....man, its sweet!! Overkill??? Maybe, but I LOVE it.Drove it to Vegas in 09, and raced it.....the drone for 18 hours straight would have been a downer , but I am a car guy, loved it.

you would be surprised how nice a 2.25 single cheapo turbo muffler sounds...

My wifes 63 Valaint has 2 1/4 out of the manifold to a splitter, then those 2 pipes go to 2 flowmasters.....then 2 1/4 all the way out, on both sides....w/ chrome tips. It sounds like a smallblock ideling....man, its sweet!! Overkill??? Maybe, but I LOVE it.Drove it to Vegas in 09, and raced it.....the drone for 18 hours straight would have been a downer , but I am a car guy, loved it.

Hey Kidd,

I'm thinking about going this route for my 65 Vali Vert. You wouldn't happen to have a vid would you? I've gone and looked about all what Youtubers have posted.

I dont have any video, and the car is apart right now its going to the body shop for work.Sorry!!!

Honestly, I would not have two pipes, they are a PITA, cost twice as much, and give you no benefit besides sounds and look on a leaning tower of power. If it were me, I would just go with a single in dual out muffler. That will give the sound and look you are looking for and take away the negatives of a dual exhaust.

-
Back