Dual Master conversion help!!!

-

krivman65

Reaction score
Hey all,

I know this has been beaten to death already, because I have searched and searched, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I ordered pre-bent lines for my '65 Valiant from Inline Tube, and what they sent me, well... It isn't going to work right. I think I will have to either a) buy another distribution block and extend my lines, or b) just extend my lines. I am trying to make this look as neat as I can. Had I known that Inline Tube wasn't going to send me a "plug and play" set, I wouldn't have bought it. Who has pictures of their lines up front? My specific issues are that the rear brake line does not reach the master cylinder, and the lines that came with the kit that run from the master cylinder do not reach anything, either. I sent Inline Tube an email this morning and have yet to hear back, and I am planning on calling them tomorrow to see if they can help me.

Has anyone else run into this? Pictures of your nice, neat brake lines up front would be much appreciated! :)

Your distribution block is for a single-pot master cylinder, so no- it isn't going to work with a dual reservoir master cylinder. You need to get a block for a dual system. You didn't say if you've got drum/drum or disc/drum, but the blocks differ in that regard, too.
Both lines from the master go to the distribution block/prop. valve, and each front brake line goes to the block, as well as the rear line. That's five lines. Your stock block has four. Once you get the right block on there, the routing should become more evident.

Your distribution block is for a single-pot master cylinder, so no- it isn't going to work with a dual reservoir master cylinder. You need to get a block for a dual system. You didn't say if you've got drum/drum or disc/drum, but the blocks differ in that regard, too.
Both lines from the master go to the distribution block/prop. valve, and each front brake line goes to the block, as well as the rear line. That's five lines. Your stock block has four. Once you get the right block on there, the routing should become more evident.
Oh, sorry! I have drums all the way around.

run the rear line to the stock distrubution block . rermove line from block that goes to rear brakes. insert a plug.. run line from front front of mc and use a union to hook to the rear line.

I want to do the same thing for my '63 all drum, manual brakes. What dual master cylinder did you use?

I want to do the same thing for my '63 all drum, manual brakes. What dual master cylinder did you use?
I just went to AutoZone and ordered one for a '67 Valiant. The part number is NM1323. It's a little bit more than it would be online, but if it fails, it's so much easier to deal with a person instead of emailing or over the phone. Mine isn't all hooked up yet; kind of got pushed back a little bit, but it's getting there. I do NOT recommend getting the stainless kit from Inline Tube because it looks like I will need to splice in a section, and nobody sells pre-flared pieces of stainless.
PXL_20220427_010456702.jpg

-
Back