Dual or single

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I thought I was done with my 440 build but after stumbling into a very good deal of a pair of brand new holley 750s from a buddy of mine, I’m revisiting the intake.

Combo:
440-stock stroke, forged pistons, internally balanced 10.25:1 compression, ootb Edlebrock performer rpm Heads.

Was planning on running my favorite little single plane, the Holley Street dominator of which I have. But now with these 750s and the fact they were set up to be ran together on a tunnel ram, the question I have is just run one of them on the Street Dominator and tune from there, or go find a dual quad aluminum intake and run both and tune from that. Would the gain be worth the additional cost? What type of gain should I expect to see? And what type/brand of dual quad? Is there a dual quad option that isn’t a tall tunnel ram?

Not really wanting to go full tunnel ram, despite having the hemi scoop on my dart.

What cam are you going to be running? And what and how is the rest of the car going to be set up?

The end mounted fuel bowls on the Holleys will make it a little tough to accomplish. So an Offenhauser #5206 360 degree low profile manifold would require sideways mounting the carbs with Offy adapters #5832 with linkage kit #5967.
These adapters and linkage kits could possibly be used with a CH28B if the plenum dividers were milled out. There may be something available from Edelbrock, too. According to Hughes’, a CH28 is supposed to flow really well if port matched to the flange gaskets.
The other option is to mount the Holley’s in-line with Offenhauser 5701 180 degree high rise manifold with part number #5880 adapters that space each carb 1/2 inch from center.
Personally, if I we’re going to try the dual four setup, I’d go with the CH28. I’ve heard more bad than good about the performance of the Offy dual quad intakes. I honestly like the street dominator and a 800-900 cfm carburetor for this one.

Last edited:
Some pics from the old Offy catalog.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
The end mounted fuel bowls on the Holleys will make it a little tough to accomplish. So an Offenhauser #5206 360 degree low profile manifold would require sideways mounting the carbs with Offy adapters #5832 with linkage kit #5967.
These adapters and linkage kits could possibly be used with a CH28B if the plenum dividers were milled out. There may be something available from Edelbrock, too. According to Hughes’, a CH28 is supposed to flow really well if port matched to the flange gaskets.
The other option is to mount the Holley’s in-line with Offenhauser 5701 180 degree high rise manifold with part number #5880 adapters that space each carb 1/2 inch from center.
Personally, if I we’re going to try the dual four setup, I’d go with the CH28. I’ve heard more bad than good about the performance of the Offy dual quad intakes. I honestly like the street dominator and a 800-900 cfm carburetor for this one.
Thanks. I’ll stick single then. I’ve been having trouble finding an 800+ carb in stock All year long. When my buddy asked if I wanted these, I said sure. Figure they’re at least get me running.

What cam are you going to be running? And what and how is the rest of the car going to be set up?
74 dart, build linked in my signature.

440 as mentioned backed with a t56/dana60, 4.10 gears, 28 inch tall, 11.5 inch wide meats

So I thought I was done with my 440 build but after stumbling into a very good deal of a pair of brand new holley 750s from a buddy of mine, I’m revisiting the intake.

Combo:
440-stock stroke, forged pistons, internally balanced 10.25:1 compression, ootb Edlebrock performer rpm Heads.

Was planning on running my favorite little single plane, the Holley Street dominator of which I have. But now with these 750s and the fact they were set up to be ran together on a tunnel ram, the question I have is just run one of them on the Street Dominator and tune from there, or go find a dual quad aluminum intake and run both and tune from that. Would the gain be worth the additional cost? What type of gain should I expect to see? And what type/brand of dual quad? Is there a dual quad option that isn’t a tall tunnel ram?

Not really wanting to go full tunnel ram, despite having the hemi scoop on my dart.
after running a 500 max wedge and a 383 inline2x4 with your set up id keep it and change the and run the 750 and when you get a better build run the 2 carbs but from experiance youll need a good cam and compression for the 2 750,s as i did the same but switched to 2 holley 600,s which made drivability way better

-
Back