dumb question

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
im gathering parts to redo my fuel system and i can for the life of me remember if i used AN6 or (more likely) AN8

can i just put a wrench on it and find out?

Google it. There are many charts online that specify thread and fittings sizes of AN / JIC fittings. I'm thinkin wrench size may vary here and there, but thread size does not. Don't the fittings have a part no?

Google it. There are many charts online that specify thread and fittings sizes of AN / JIC fittings. I'm thinkin wrench size may vary here and there, but thread size does not. Don't the fittings have a part no?
most likely not, cheap covid parts

ok, disregard, there wasnt s part number on the fittings i have, but they were clearly marked "summit"

i searched my emails, and found an order conformation from 6-7-2016...they are 6-AN

turns out it was a moot point anyway
i need a 90 degree fitting from the fuel filter into the regulator...both of which are 3/8 NPT

im gathering parts to redo my fuel system and i can for the life of me remember if i used AN6 or (more likely) AN8

can i just put a wrench on it and find out?

Right, dumb question , u should be able to tell by looking at it !

maybe, if i used it enough i would
but so far, i have used AN fittings, once, and this was it

Didnt mean to cut you, but -06 is very close to 3/8'' , -08 is very close to 1/2'' , easy to tell the diff. !

Didnt mean to cut you, but -06 is very close to 3/8'' , -08 is very close to 1/2'' , easy to tell the diff. !
but that is ID, right?
so i got to add the fitting to it, and that is where i wasnt sure what to look for

You have to be careful with this stuff. There are many types of hose and fittings. Some fittings made for other types hoses, and they only have a part no. so unless you look it up, the hose AND the fittings, you can end up with a mismatch and leaks. Some hose is a nominal call out size. One popular multi purpose "single braid" hydraulic/ oil / air hose we used to deal with was just slang referred to as "Aeroquip" as they were the major brand in the area. It was used on a lot of systems on heavy trucks and equipment around here

The point is, that stuff if you had a no6 fitting and hose, was closer to 5/16 than 3/8. In other words it averages about a 16th smaller than the call-out part number.

The point? BE CAREFUL and make sure your fittings and hose ends and hose is all comatible

AND YOU DO KNOW?? right? the difference between AN/ JIC which is 37* flare, and SAE which is 45? Most common 45 flare (SAE) is brass, but not always. You occasionally see SAE in most any and same material as AN/ JIC

-
Back