Duplicolor paint by the pint?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I used Dupli-color Chrysler Industrial Red for my 273. I need to touch up some scratches and bolt heads so I e-mailed Duplicolor to ask for a pint of paint. Has any of you guys been able to get some bulk paint for touch up? I sprayed some in the cap to brush on but what a mess and it's very thin (so it will spray easily). Thanks, Mike

engine 286.jpg

No expert here but what happens if you spray some in the cap and let some of the solvent evaporate so the paint will coagulate a little. Hope I can be of some help, cause you have proven very helpful to me.
Thanks
Aaron

Aaron, I tried that. The paint is so thin and comes out with so much pressure I had red splattered all over. I am tempted to poke a tiny hole in the top and let the propellant escape. I could pour the paint into a baby food jar to keep it. Just a thought. Mike

Mike how bout taking a paint sample...a small piece of steel painted with the red and taking it to Lowes or Home Depot??? They can make it bang on if the sample is big enough....say 4"x4"???
Steve

Thanks Steve. That's a great suggestion. Mike

BTW that engine bay looks awfully nice!!

It sure does. But what is up with the master brake cylinder? I would put a dual master in fast. I had front brakes go out, back brakes isn't much but can stop the car. One leak with a single master and you have NO brakes, not just front or back only. The single does look cleaner I have to say but hope all the brake lines and rubber seals are in very good shape. 8)

You can do what 4spddragtop said, but instead of going to Lowes or the Despot, you could go directly to an automotive paint supplier (PPG for instance) and they can match it exactly using a computer/scanner built specifically for that purpose...or they may even have the original paint code to mix it with.

Duplicolor contacted me but they don't package it in the bulk. I'll see if I can get some out of a spray can. Mike

You can do what 4spddragtop said, but instead of going to Lowes or the Despot, you could go directly to an automotive paint supplier (PPG for instance) and they can match it exactly using a computer/scanner built specifically for that purpose...or they may even have the original paint code to mix it with.
correct answer right here

-
Back