Duster Dash Removal - Guide on how to

-

moparspares

Reaction score
Pic 1 Firstly Remove the round wiring plug which is located above the speedo cable and a little to the right.

Pic 2 Remove the Speedo cable by squeezing the clip and pull towards front of vehicle. Sorry my clip is broken but you can see what I mean.

Pic 3 Remove the one screw from fuse block and push fuse block out of the way.

Pic 4 Reach right up behind dash and light switch and feel arouind for a spring loaded button. Push this small button while pulling the light switch outwards.

Pic 5 Pull wiper swith button to remove

Pic 6 Remove light switch and wiper Bezels by unscrewing. You can buy a tool for this but I made this remover in about 5 mins with a bit scrap steel. then push back away from dash.

Pic 8 Remove two nuts on either side of steering column and gently pull steering column down 4 - 5 inches. Then remove the six screws on front face of dash 3 upper and 3 lower

Pic 9 Gently pull dash forward and with a little jiggling around the steering column. Walla you have it out. There is still 2 wires behind ampmeter guage - mark and remove.

There you have it you can now go and restore it.

Attachments

• Duster Dash 013.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 985
  • Duster Dash 014.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 855
  • Duster Dash 007.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 764
  • Duster Dash 008.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 742
  • Duster Dash 005.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 735
  • Duster Dash 010.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 763
  • Duster Dash 001.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 716
  • Duster Dash 012.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 751
Some are a lot easier than others.
here's a little tip that may help in reinstall.
The one ALT' gauge stud that gets the red wire is marked on the circuit board but we may not be able to see that easily. Flag it with a piece of tape or something while at the workbench.
The round harness connector is keyed in its center to attach only 1 way. Again hard to see.
I tranfer that key to the outer diameter of the connector so I can feel which way is up. The tape will keep the wires from comming out of their correct ports also
I like white tape in dark places.

Attachments

• main harness connector tweeked.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 653
Hey Moparspares
Did you do this with the windshield in or out of the car?

You just removed the guage cluster ? To take out the dash you have to remove the windshield...

Yeah I just removed gauge cluster. I couldn't find step by step instructions on how to do it so I posted my own. Hope someone gets some use for it.

-
Back