DUSTER DEMON 4in Bolt pattern drum sizes

-

66cuda

2011Armada K of C 1st PL
Reaction score
Howdy all been a while!!!
Just picked up a 8.75 posi from a 340 duster for my 66 cuda. Parts stores are telling me that Mopar did not use a 10 inch drum with the 4 inch bolt circle axles..... I think they did on the 340 cars.... I need to find the 10 inch dia 4 in bolt circle drums any ideas???? HELP 66Cuda

many parts stores have idiots behind the counter. You probably have 10 in. My rear was from 70 duster. I got mine from RockAuto.com Do a part number search for BD60123 made by Wagner. They were $50 ea. Here's a couple pics. They fit perfect on my A-body 8 3/4. Try this link.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...ighlight=wagner

Sorry bad link to another thread on FABO

Dave you are right, except I would change your "many" to "most" it is pitiful how these people are. Thank's for the link because I will have to buy some soon also.

Chuck

THANK YOU GENTLEMEN..... I have used this info and talked to the parts store owner .... WHO...propmtly showed the idiot how to read the parts book for the 18th time and WHOOP...out popped a 10 inch 4 inch bolt circle 1 3/4 drum, shoes, wheel cyl, hardwre..... IMAGINE THAT!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL & TO ALL A GOODNIGHT

66cuda said:
THANK YOU GENTLEMEN..... I have used this info and talked to the parts store owner .... WHO...propmtly showed the idiot how to read the parts book for the 18th time and WHOOP...out popped a 10 inch 4 inch bolt circle 1 3/4 drum, shoes, wheel cyl, hardwre..... IMAGINE THAT!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL & TO ALL A GOODNIGHT

Peepill werking at partz storez shud be rechoired two have at leest a "hi skool edukation and speek engleesh.

sounds like the dumb asses in my local part stores. i now buy only from vendors out of the mopar mags.

Not very nice I know but, I too experianced a similar situation today with "smart guys" (sarcasm) behind the counter! I was looking for a part that darn near anyone could find in a parts store, provided they havent turned it into a 7/11. (parts stores seem to carry more groceries than parts anymore!) Anyhow I was looking for a rebuild kit for one of the most popular carbs out there! An EDDIE 1405. and the dude says to me "uhh I cant look up that part number" So I asked him do you have a book? "uhm yeah we have lotsa stuff back here, uhhhh" do you have an Edle. book? "uhhm hold on a sec lemme' get George" At this point Im annoyed because I used to work the parts counter and at one point this kit used to be on the shelf were anyone could pick it up and bring it to the register. So I tell him nevermind Ill go get it from the internet! and then Ol' Georgey says whats the problem? Man they are right there!! pointing behind the guy! So then I ask, is this a general kit for the 1400 series because it has no specifics on the packaging? he says "yeah whats it matter? its for those carbs!" I said well the difference is sizes of jets so its pretty significant! "well just use the old ones" At this point I wanted to throw it at him but I needed it so I paid, while quite annoyed and left. I wasnt dare going to ask him to look up the balanced flex plate I need for my 360 which the motor never came in my car so who knows how that would have gone!
Concluding remark: When I worked the parts counter, you were literally considered useless if you could not use catalogs!!!!!! Still seems to be the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the rant. :cussing: its all good now I think Ill just get it all myself from the web now!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Well my local Pep boys actually asked me if I had 9" or 10" drums. So maybe there is actually a good part idiot at some places. If you want I can check with them and see if they can get the drums if you don't have any luck.

-
Back