Duster Length?

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
16' 4", does that sound correct? I tried measuring my '73 (solo) and that's the rough measurement I got. Anybody have an exact/precise length of a '73 Duster from bumper to bumper?

My attached garage (was downsized/divided into 2 sections a few years ago and then filled with junk) measures 16' 8" from the rear wall to the garage door and I'm trying to see if my '73 will even fit in there before I go through a vast amount of cleaning for no benefit.

according to the registration paperwork on my 73 duster its supposed to be 16´7" then again who knows on wish end of the tolerance scale for what was acceptale from factory my car is with everything else being hit or miss when it comes to tolerences on these cars i wouldnt be surprised if there was a few inches in difference in length betwen different cars.

Also weather or not the bumper guards are installed will make a difference.
Also measure the reinforcement bars on the garage door that go horizontal they will also limit space.

Make two marks on the concrete/ground with each one being at the longest part of the car. I think the should be in the middle of that car, if not you will have to make 4 marks and a line between them. After you have done that move the car out of the way and measure.

Also weather or not the bumper guards are installed will make a difference.
Also measure the reinforcement bars on the garage door that go horizontal they will also limit space.

The 16' 8" Measurement was from the rear wall, to about 1" before the garage door tracks. My '73 doesn't have Bumperettes/Guards

Make two marks on the concrete/ground with each one being at the longest part of the car. I think the should be in the middle of that car, if not you will have to make 4 marks and a line between them. After you have done that move the car out of the way and measure.

That's a pretty good idea, I'll do that.

-
Back