-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyAB95

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1970 Duster with the standard ugly faux wood dash. Does anyone have a complete Rallye dash, including the frame?

OR

alternatively, a Rocky Mountain Dash or something similar. Not looking for a plastic aftermarket dash insert that pretends to be carbon fiber or aluminum.

Thanks,

I have a complete unit that was taken out of a running 70 Dart 340. I will be honest, it is not pristine but all there. can take some photos with phone and text or email.
in CT so shipping would be $150 though Fastenal or UPS

I have a frame in indiana if you can't find one complete ready to bolt in

I have a frame in indiana if you can't find one complete ready to bolt in
Just the frame? Any of the trim / bezels / glove box parts?
Has it been cut up? And how much are you asking for it?

Just the frame? Any of the trim / bezels / glove box parts?
Has it been cut up? And how much are you asking for it?
Might has a cluster but the bezel is cut around the radio as I recall on it. $100 for the frame

I have a complete unit that was taken out of a running 70 Dart 340. I will be honest, it is not pristine but all there. can take some photos with phone and text or email.
in CT so shipping would be $150 though Fastenal or UPS
How much are you asking for it in addition to the shipping? Can you provide pictures?
Thank you

Are you still selling the dash frame? Any pictures of it?

Thanks,
here you go

IMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4161.JPG

Looks to be in great shape! You said the radio bezel was cut up, but it's hard to tell. From a distance it looks unmolested - could you provide a closer image of just that area so I can get a better idea about how it was cut? Everything else looks fantastic
Hey Guys I just wanted to chime in on the Ralley dash metal frame.. and plastic dash parts the one pictured is a 67-69 metal frame. Where the key goes is cut out for key on the 70's models the key is in column also the radio is for a knob style radio(shown) and 70 was a thumb wheel radio. Also if it came out of a 68 car would have holes for the 3 piece dash set up goes. Earlier years(67-69) may work but needs fabricating. There is a difference between the 70 and 71 dash plastic also. Hope this helps...340man

Looks to be in great shape! You said the radio bezel was cut up, but it's hard to tell. From a distance it looks unmolested - could you provide a closer image of just that area so I can get a better idea about how it was cut? Everything else looks fantastic
As stated it's a '67 frame. The frame itself is great just the bezel I have someplace is cut up.

Hey Guys I just wanted to chime in on the Ralley dash metal frame.. and plastic dash parts the one pictured is a 67-69 metal frame. Where the key goes is cut out for key on the 70's models the key is in column also the radio is for a knob style radio(shown) and 70 was a thumb wheel radio. Also if it came out of a 68 car would have holes for the 3 piece dash set up goes. Earlier years(67-69) may work but needs fabricating. There is a difference between the 70 and 71 dash plastic also. Hope this helps...340man

What modifications would need to be done to adapt it for the '70 Rallye cluster and instrumentation? Cover the hole for the key; rectangular holes in lieu of the circular ones for the thumbwheel radio; and lots of fiddling around and test fitment?

As stated it's a '67 frame. The frame itself is great just the bezel I have someplace is cut up.
My mistake, I thought you said the frame was cut. I'm waiting to hear from 340man about the fitment. Do you know if the '70 Rallye cluster and instrumentation could be easily adapted to fit in the early style frames?

My mistake, I thought you said the frame was cut. I'm waiting to hear from 340man about the fitment. Do you know if the '70 Rallye cluster and instrumentation could be easily adapted to fit in the early style frames?
I believe so, just where your ignition key goes in is different.

There are a lot of things that could fill that ignition switch hole ( with the correct chrome bezel or other filler ). When I built a long cable right remote mirror for my 67 fish, I had to cut a second hole and buy a second bezel.
That 67 glove box has different liner, hinge, and door too. Only factor there is how "year model correct" you want to be.
The instrument panel part of your question.... Avoid 67 model pot metal instrument housing and plastic bezel. Any parts and pieces from 68 up rallye panel will work.
So a pretty new 70 bezel would fit any other than the 67 inst' housing. Fits all rallye dashes including the 67 offered.

DeMonDIN  02.JPG

What modifications would need to be done to adapt it for the '70 Rallye cluster and instrumentation? Cover the hole for the key; rectangular holes in lieu of the circular ones for the thumbwheel radio; and lots of fiddling around and test fitment?
The ralley dash cluster will fit but radio is different and dash plastic is different and how it is fastened to the dash frame.It can be done but will take some work.

Did some research and here's what I found:
-1967 has spring-loaded glove box door without latch; 1970 has the rotary-latch glove box. The housings / mounting plugs and doors are different between them as well.
-1967 has round knob radio; 1970 has thumbwheel.
-1970 has an additional bolt hole above the wiper switch; 1967 lacks this.
-1967 has ignition in dash; 1970 is on the column.
-1967 has hazards on the dash; 1970 is on the column.
-1970 has a wider, different housing and bezel around the climate controller.

Does that about cover all the differences? These don't sound too hard to overcome so I can use the 1970 style cluster.

Did some research and here's what I found:
-1967 has spring-loaded glove box door without latch; 1970 has the rotary-latch glove box. The housings / mounting plugs and doors are different between them as well.
-1967 has round knob radio; 1970 has thumbwheel.
-1970 has an additional bolt hole above the wiper switch; 1967 lacks this.
-1967 has ignition in dash; 1970 is on the column.
-1967 has hazards on the dash; 1970 is on the column.
-1970 has a wider, different housing and bezel around the climate controller.

Does that about cover all the differences? These don't sound too hard to overcome so I can use the 1970 style cluster.
Yea that about sums it up. Good luck...340man

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back