Duster rear armrests

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Beautiful day here in the southeast...

Were rear seat armrests in Dusters an option? It seems that I see a lot for sale but my '72 did not have any. The panels have the holes in the cardboard, but the vinyl skin did not. Just curious.
Thanks,
C

Ive seen dusters and dart sports built that way with the folding rear seat. Mine is.

It might be a trim level deal possibly, for a fixed rear seat, low level trim cars didn't get rear arm rests ?

Is your's a folding rear seat ?

My 74 had rear arm rests and it also had the folding rear seat, this car was originaly a 318 4 sp car, with a delux interior, colour matched sport mirrors, but not much for any other options.

The black rear door panels we got for the 72 scamp had the holes in the cardboard backing but none in the vinyl...untill I made them.

No folding rear seat. Probably a trim level. I'm sure this was a pretty basic car to start with.
Thanks,
C

Rear arms rests were part of the interior decor package, code A88 that included an upgraded steering wheel, woodgrain door panel trim and rear arm rests with ashtrays.

My 73 Gold duster doesn't have them, but my 75 Duster custom did. Funny thing, that an interior upgrade would be to add ash trays and no cup holders :) Maybe they should take the cup holders out of the new cars to keep people from drinking and driving. :lol:

Thanks guys, but I already bought a set from another member. I was toying with the idea of ebaying the rear rests. I will probably wait until I've got the car done first, who knows, I might put them in my car...
C

I've seen lots of Dusters and Demons without rear armrests. My 71 demon is one of them.

-
Back