Duster Seats In a Valiant?

-

1969_Valiant

Reaction score
I have a 69 Valiant with a hammered interior. My friend has a 72 Duster with extra seats. Will these bolt right into my car? Thanks for the replies.

your floor is stamped for it but you will still need to drill the 4 holes per seat and add the reinforcement plates to the inner bolt holes...

I should have been more clear. Yes, it's bench to bench. That's awesome. Thanks again for the quick responses.:thumbsup:

The bench yes,the rear no but you might be able to fit the cover to your frame.

The bench yes,the rear no but you might be able to fit the cover to your frame.
Chuck, I'm getting to this point myself, is it the lower or both rear pieces that don't fit. Have you heard of a way to modify duster rear seats. I just came back from Carlisle and it was kinda depressing for us Post boys.. lol
Thx

Well I picked up the front and rear bench seats for my car today. Turns out the build sheet says they are from a 74. I'm guessing if the 74 fit in a 72, and the 72 will work in my 69, that the 74 will still bolt in with no probs. Would appreciate confirmation before I rip my original out. Thanks.

Well I picked up the front and rear bench seats for my car today. Turns out the build sheet says they are from a 74. I'm guessing if the 74 fit in a 72, and the 72 will work in my 69, that the 74 will still bolt in with no probs. Would appreciate confirmation before I rip my original out. Thanks.
sounds reasonable... these things were all essentially the same..

Well actually I guess my question is........... Do you have to do any modifications to mount a 74 bench seat with the 2 individual backs and armrest into a 72 duster? And would it bolt right into my 69 Valiant? I'm guessing by all of the replies that it will. I just don't know if the 72 Duster was modified at all to accept them. It's getting fully sandblasted and painted. My friend has a slightly worked 340 wrapped in plastic for months waiting.....prob still wait another 6 months or so I'm guessing:(

I'd like to lock out the seats with some type of stop bracket so that they don't fold forward. Anyone have any ideas on how I might easily do this?

Just remove (or do not use) the release buttons.

With no release buttons in place, the latches (if adjusted right) will not release.

No, something much more simple. I looked at it a little closer. Behind the vinyl is actually another metal bracket, not seat cushion. There is a small square hole in the exposed outer bracket. I am going to drill it through the inner bracket behind the vinyl and throw a lag bolt in each side through the both of them. Done. Thanks for all of the help as usual. You guys are great.

-
Back