Duster sharktooth grill question

-

340wedge

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for the black fins and trim portion of the 1971-1972 sharktooth grill? Is the black areas a flat or semi-gloss black? Thank you.

I used Krylon "Dual" 8823 satin finish on the last one I did and it was a very good match. Easy paint to work with as well. They were a satin finish not semi-gloss or flat.

Some of them were not blacked out. This is the original grille in my duster . Molded in black and painted silver. Some are molded in silver and blacked out. Those are the grilles that crack from the trim screws back. Some were some were not. My Duster originally was a 71 V24 car without the blacked out hood only the 340 WEDGE decal ?? These grilles wre the ones that wee selling fo $1500 before the repops. I have one molded in black left I lost the original in my car

Steve 062.JPG

Steve 063.JPG

spoiler pics 776.jpg

Picture 056.jpg

spoiler pics 777.jpg

spoiler pics 785.jpg

DSCN2764.JPG

Thanks everyone. I will give the Krylon a go. My car is a V24 and has the original grill which was silver and the black was painted. I know the 340 wedge decal could be bought at the dealer back in the day, but a V24 with no organasol has got to be a rare car!

You sure don’t shy away from posting photos of your wrecked Duster! How many years ago again did the accident happen?

Its also my background on my screen so I won't forget. Maybe around two years . Why ? Does it bother you? It still sitting here . how about pictures of me and my wife? If you don't like these pictures just Troll on down the road!

images.jpg

56556e3ad445587c447b5151217b9d40.jpg

-
Back