Duster with torque thrust wheels

-
I've ran Torque Thrust IIs on the back of my duster with an 8.25 for over a year now. The wheel is 17x8 with about 4 or 3 inches of backspacing. The tires are Pirelli P6 Four Seasons P245/45R17 and I've had no problems at all. They work perfect. If I could I would go with a little less backspacing for the rear wheels even if that means rolling the lip of the fender, so I think at around 3 inches give and take a half inch and you might have to roll the lip. I didn't have to and I have about an inch of clearance between the inner side of the quarter panel and the side wall of the tire. I would do this to bring the rear track width nearer to that of the front track width since the front is about 4 inches wider than the rear. For up front I just ordered a pair of 17x8 Torque Thrust IIs to match the back. They have a backspacing of 5.5 inches. To maintain a decent scrub radius of around 3 inches I would go with at least 1 to 1.5 inches of positive offset. The tires I bought at $63 a piece (new!) Are Kumho Ecsta AST's with a size of 215/45R17. I made a tool out of PVC piping that I bought at Lowes for about $7 and cut and drilled it to the specs of the wheels I'm looking at with the tires section width and max diameter and slid them on to the wheel studs after putting a floor jack under the LCA to maintain ride height with the wheel and tire off and spun the hub and turn the steering wheel to check all the clearances.

well, here is a nice demon with real american torque thrust ds on it. I'm not a big fan of the ford mustang stuff on a mopar, but they are a decent alternative.
d8feea90.jpg

d7d3e9a0.jpg

bea u ti ful .

IMG_0570 (2).jpg

IMG_0572 (2).jpg

These pictures aren't the greatest but here are 17 x 8 2005 Mustang Bullitt wheels on my 73. I actually prefer real AR D's in a 15" as far as looks go but I'm too cheap to buy them custom with the offset I need so I went with the Mustang rims as an alternative. They were not just a simple bolt-on on my car and required the use of spacers. I posted a thread entitled "Bullitt wheel information" if you are interested in the details.

-
Back