Dyno Video

-
here is the dyno sheet one graph on eng only , one with 180 shot of Nos
attachment.php

Awesome!! That should strike terror into the ford and chev crowd lol....

4 speed?

Man, that sucker sure woke up when you nailed it.

I love taking kids to the outside dyno trailers like the ones they have at car shows especially when it's the kid's first time out.

One time, we took a little guy from church and he was like "Man this ain't nothin" while a 70 hemi cuda was going through the gears, and he said it again, and again as the driver rowed through the gears, and I kept telling him that the good part is coming.
Then all of the sudden the driver nailed it and the kid almost fell backwords..ha, ha...I thought he was going to crap his pants and the whole crowd laughed their asses off. LOL.

I have the whole thing on video somewhere.

This combo does not exist any more, it did not like the Nos
was a 360 block KB piston 30 over 10,7/1 eagle rods, stock crank (Cast) Edy heads out of the box, comp cam solid flat tapid 555 lift Weind dual tunnel ram with 2 AFB comp ser carbs.
my 360 eng 410hp to the tires.JPG

four years later I added the nos, this is after 4 passes with a 180 shot of nos

DSCN2371.JPGnot built for nos.jpg

my 360 eng 410hp to the tires.JPG

DSCN2371.JPG

not built for nos.jpg

ouch maybe dident like 180 haha maybe 100 but that was a beast

New combo is a R3 block bord 4070 4" strock 416 cubs Crank is a scat pro comp drag crank Same eagle rods with the 2000 ARP upgrade, Diamond pistons 11.7/1 custom grind bullet cam solid roller 710 lift, Indy heads fully poeted TD rockers Indy 360-3R race intake also ported and blended, no carb yet working on my Tub front clip.

Expecting 650+ HP on engine and still the Nos, not sure if Im going to need it.

what did you do with all the stuff on the old motor? sold it?

Man, that sucker sure woke up when you nailed it.

I love taking kids to the outside dyno trailers like the ones they have at car shows especially when it's the kid's first time out.

One time, we took a little guy from church and he was like "Man this ain't nothin" while a 70 hemi cuda was going through the gears, and he said it again, and again as the driver rowed through the gears, and I kept telling him that the good part is coming.
Then all of the sudden the driver nailed it and the kid almost fell backwords..ha, ha...I thought he was going to crap his pants and the whole crowd laughed their asses off. LOL.

I have the whole thing on video somewhere.

LOL...i had a similar reaction when i saw my first dyno session ever of a 340 cuda

and scampman416, that vid is wicked! makes some nice power for a stock stroke 360! and gotta love that four gear!

what did you do with all the stuff on the old motor? sold it?
Yes I sold all of it and more It was realy hard getting ride of the dual set up. I had all the stock parts off the car diffs, seats, suspension, that paid for the R3 block @ $3000.00 and then I sold all the top end, Cam, heads, Rockers intake carbs, valve covers, you name it I sold it @ $3500.00 + another $3500 of my own Paid for the all new top end. Indy heads,intake, Cam, welded alm valve covers, TD rockers, Roller lifters, all but the Carb.
So for $3500 I have twice the combo:cheers: Now all I need is about $5000 more to finish what I have started. $2000 for clutch,$1000.0 for carb, $2000.0 Tub front clip, Im building my own from Chris alton chasis parts
:clock: time is running out to have this ready for this season, so is the money.
This is the first stages of the front end. long way to go yet.

DSCN3127.JPG

DSCN3127.JPG

I see you are from Cambell River. I have spent a great deal of time there and it was my Dads stompin grounds when he retired. He and my brother now reside in Courtenay. When I get down there for a visit I'd love to stop by and see your wee beasty Dart in person!

Cool car!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, this post prompted me to fire up the cuda for the first time in a couple weeks and go for a spin, even if it is 20 deg. out.
It's sunny but pretty cold for Georgia weather.
I was looking at your combo, the one that did not like the nitrous, and thought how similar my build was to it, except for the intake and 2x4's, but it sounded so much like my car in that video that I had to go remind myself what it sounded like...LOL.

Sure was hard to start that sucker today, almost ran the battery dead cranking, but had a really nice cruize.

Did you ever pinpoint the failure? I see you went with eagle rods again, which I've heard good and bad about. I'm considering Eagle 7.100" so wondering what you think.

I see you are from Cambell River. I have spent a great deal of time there and it was my Dads stompin grounds when he retired. He and my brother now reside in Courtenay. When I get down there for a visit I'd love to stop by and see your wee beasty Dart in person!

Cool car!

Sounds good to me I own S&J Auto 1185 Ironwood st

Isn't the nitrous fault for that one is my guess.

So I been told the KB pistons shader into peices with Nos, this eng had not mist a beat prier. I have a lot of diff shots that you may make up a diff story than I, I jues there are many poss Ideas. here's a few more pics, this happened at the track shiftting from first to sec at 7500 rpm with the Nos. ?:read2:

DSCN2336.JPGDSCN2379.JPG

DSCN2336.JPG

DSCN2379.JPG

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, this post prompted me to fire up the cuda for the first time in a couple weeks and go for a spin, even if it is 20 deg. out.
It's sunny but pretty cold for Georgia weather.
I was looking at your combo, the one that did not like the nitrous, and thought how similar my build was to it, except for the intake and 2x4's, but it sounded so much like my car in that video that I had to go remind myself what it sounded like...LOL.

Sure was hard to start that sucker today, almost ran the battery dead cranking, but had a really nice cruize.
I am so jelis it has been over a year since my last drive if you can call it that, Im glad my car inspired you.

Did you ever pinpoint the failure? I see you went with eagle rods again, which I've heard good and bad about. I'm considering Eagle 7.100" so wondering what you think.
The rods are grate, it the bolts that fail you need to up grade the bolts to the ARP 2000s they are said to be able to handle 1000 hp that was straight from scat that asured me. If you look a the pics in this thread you can see a bolt had broken as well, just dont no what broke first the piston or rod bolt, I was over the rec HP for these blocks could have twisted the block took out a bearing and then the rod (6 or a half dosen ) the combos are endless.

-
Back