E-bay Dart Sport

-
id ask to see some under body pictures....1/4 pannels, dog legs on the front fenders...etc...looks ok just looking at a couple of the pictures tho...

I have a black engine bay.

Fred B

Dart 004.jpg

Price seems about right for a H code car but I thought the H code would come with an 8 3/4 rear not an 8 1/4 but I'm not sure. You really need to get some shots of the underside midbody to be sure but it looks pretty good. My engine bay is black but then again the whole car is Heh, Heh.

Terry

P9100004 (Custom).JPG

Besides the black engine bay, (nothing wrong with that,if that's what you like) but I believe those are Duster stripes on there,too. I just had my engine bay soda blasted,and painted to match the body color. I also put Duster stripes on it,as I prefer them over the Sport stripes. I hope he gets his price,as that would just make mine seem that much more valuable. I don't plan on selling mine,but if I were,and I was spending the money on it he claims to have,I would have done it as original as possible.

Duster Dart pics 024 (Small).jpg

Price seems about right for a H code car but I thought the H code would come with an 8 3/4 rear not an 8 1/4 but I'm not sure. You really need to get some shots of the underside midbody to be sure but it looks pretty good. My engine bay is black but then again the whole car is Heh, Heh.

Terry

'73 H codes came with 8 1/4 rear's. At least that is what both of mine have.

I would say its about $5000 to much. Needs Carpet, Console Carpet. Engine needs to be pulled and the engine bay detailed and shot. trunk needs to be redone. Thats just what I can see in the pictures and you know its going to need more then that. Just a few years ago that would be a $5000 car. Those days are gone.

i have to agree with adam.. car still needs too much work to be worth 15K. and thats just the stuff you can pick out in those pics.

I owned and love a Dodge Dart Sports but also think the Buy Now is a little high. You may want to offer the sell $12,500 that would be a fair price in my mind. Most likely the reason this car has a 8 1/4 rear is because it came stock with a 225ci or a 318ci engine. There is nothing wrong with I ran a 8 1/4 rear in a street car, I ran one for years with in my dart with 4.30 gears, L60 tires, 4-speed trans, behind a 400hp SB.

8.25 is correct for a 73 340 A body. The 8.75 was only available in E bodies after 72.

8 1/4" rear was the largest available in '73 -'76 A-bodies. A buddy of mine had a 1973 dart sport 340 that came with one and he replaced it with an 8 3/4" SBP rear out of an earlier (67-72) A-body. My 73 dart sport (also an "H" code 340 car) alreadyu had this swap performed when I got it in 1996.

Besides not having the correct color in the engine compartment, the car is missing the fan shroud. An A/C 340 car with clutch fan would of come with one installed.

For that price and considering the location of the car, you should really look over the frame rails and floor pans for rust before bidding on it. Be wary of pictures, they sometime do not show what the undercaoting is hiding.

Bob

Well, leave it to me.
I have both types of bays.
Black has it pros if you are planning to actually drive the car. (Me)
Try and keep something like this clean.
I rescued this car from the junkyard.
When I did this car what was I thinking?

What bothers me more is when someone Bow Tie Splatter paints the trunk like that.
I’d prefer a little filler and a ruff coat of body color myself to cover things up back there.
Then I can tell something about it. And it at least looks kind of right.
(Nothing like a little pancake make-up.)

Pricing discussions are going to get more and more heated IMO.
Next it will be politics, religion AND price.
Ya’ll been following the “R” word?
Housing will take priority.
I was just thumbing through the latest Mopar Action and read a comment about the price of cars at the Nats something to the effect of:
“Cars that have been selling for 40K were selling for 23K. Many were going home on the trailers.”
Bubbles have been know to burst.

Model A’s , anyone?
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/519667747.html

yellowb1.jpg

Ok Adam.. This time I'm jumping all over your typo.LOL
You'll find it. The holidays have obviously been good to you sir.

Good job buddy! lol

After looking at the brown Duster that Mark was peddling, this thing looks WAY over priced for sure.

-
Back