E-body headers in an a-body??? Please tell me whats up..

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
Okay i gotta ask, i was going through the magnificent threads here at fabo, and found one that interested me much.. Although im interested in it i gotta ask if what they were saying was hogwash, or true? For one they said super comp hooker headers fit e, b, c, a, f, bodies? Is this true or not? Now im talking about smallblock headers. I cannot remember who started the thread nor who posted in it.. And no offense to those who started and who posted in it, i mean no disrespect to them lol.. I would just like to know whats up. Can i actually use e-body super comp headers in my a-body without modifying the tubes? Im talking about pulling the engine and holding the headers in the bay. Thanks Eli.

I'm not sure about this exactly, but I'm using some unknown brand headers that came out of a Charger on my Dart. They came with the engine and look just like the pics of A body ones, and they fit right in without issue. I'd imagine they're all the same, or apparently close enough.

I had a set of Hooker super comp with 1 3/4" primaries in my A body that were supposed to be for E body. I think the number is 5204. I jst checked Summit and Hooker doesn't list them anymore.

My buddy has them on his 71 Dart and I had them on my 67 Barracuda. No mods of any kind for fit. The #1 left bank goes around the K member

Well i know for a fact that smallblock headers out of a cuda work on the passenger side only.. the driver side was not gonna fit unless i smashed in #1,and# 3 primaries.. I was jus saying because of that thread. said all hooker supercomp 15/8 headers would fit e,b,c, a and f bodies, and i would have liked it to be true. Being i can get ceramic supercomps for 150 bucks. thanks guys

Sorry i just went back and re read that and noticed you said try. Lol the headers i spoke of were a no brand, no part numbers at all. So i cant say what they were. But they were definitely not gonna work being that #3 primary was gonna be almost flat.

-
Back