Eagle Cast Stroker Crank- Problems or No Problems?

-
Ya know how I said everything was fine a couple of years back....this happened 18 mths ago...at 2000rpm..

Just for the record.....Ive moved way on from this crap....

https://ratpatrol1.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/busted-arse-crank/

2012-01-30-08-27-10.jpg

Brian, check the post dates, I didnt dig anything up. I just posted a few of the many links to Eagle failures. Like them or not, they have a fair share of failures, agreed? If you know they are bad, wouldnt you steer anyone reading this thread away from them? Didnt mean to upset you.

Brian, check the post dates, I didnt dig anything up. I just posted a few of the many links to Eagle failures. Like them or not, they have a fair share of failures, agreed? If you know they are bad, wouldnt you steer anyone reading this thread away from them? Didnt mean to upset you.

That's okay, you didn't upset me, I just don't see the point? I did check the post dates, that's why I'm questioning your intent. The original FABO thread was three and a half years old and then you used 3 and 4 year old threads from different websites as your documentation.

I do know that they are bad, that's why I bought a forged Scat crank, but I don't search old forums warning others not to use them?

If someone had started a thread asking about using cast Eagle cranks, I say let them know. But why search FABO for old threads about them and then use other old threads to back yourself up? If someone is thinking about buying a cast Eagle crank, THEY are the ones that had better be doing their research.

And I get what you're saying, but he was looking for a crank 3 1/2 years ago. I hope he's made a decision by now?!? lol

I emailed them and ask them where there cranks were made and this was there answer.

Jim,
Our rods and cranks are engineered and designed in the USA. We are an American corporation. American owned and operated. The casting/ forging process is subcontracted to a company we work very closely with in China. We use only ASME/AISI spec steel. Each ingot of steel is tested to insure quality. We oversee production start-to-finish and we maintain tight quality control at all times. Final machining and sizing is performed in the USA at our facilities in City of Industry, California or Southaven, Mississippi. We do not purchase Chinese products and stamp our name on them as so many companies do.Although various stages of production take place at several locations around the world, since they originate in China, we feel it is forthcoming to disclose that on the packaging.

Thanks for your consideration!
Alan
Eagle Specialty Products, Inc.

I need to check the dates better when I jump on these threads lol. How is your build going?

It's coming along nicely. It should be on the dyno in a couple of weeks. I am still working on getting the engine compartment ready.

-
Back