Not open for further replies.

eekvonzipper

My Member is Legendary!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Contact seller
Would Anyone have a 4V Intake for an Early 273?
Mine is 1965 Solid Cam with what I believe are 315 Heads.
I thought my lil BBD was Enough until I got smoked by a Toyota Camry the other night.
I would prefer a Stock Cast Iron one over the Aluminum ones because of the Coil Mounting and Height Issues etc.
Would Consider Anything tho! Thank You!
-eric
The 65 factory 4 barrel manifold is #2465726
273.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would Anyone have a 4V Intake for an Early 273?
Mine is 1965 Solid Cam with what I believe are 315 Heads.
I thought my lil BBD was Enough until I got smoked by a Toyota Camry the other night.
I would prefer a Stock Cast Iron one over the Aluminum ones because of the Coil Mounting and Height Issues etc.
Would Consider Anything tho! Thank You!
-eric

View attachment 1716168648

These work well and you keep your intake manifold.

Screenshot_20230202-130448_Gallery.jpg

20230212_174402.jpg

20230124_110028.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Yes and Yes, you are observant.

Can buy the Mr. Gasket 2 to 4 barrel adapter at Advance Auto Parts (Carquest), Summit Racing, even on ebay. They are about $25.00,

Machining the mount bolt holes down allow you to use the Allen Headed bolts and flat washers that come with the kit. Then things are below grade enough to allow the butterflies of the 4 barrel to swing freely, unobstructed without an additional spacer plate for clearance.

Enjoy, 2 barrel carbs are economy carbs, so the 4 barrel gives it the fuel that it needs and the secondaries are a nice touch to for added power when you need it.

I have used the Edelbrock 1406 carb on the pictured '69 318 pictured above. Would I do it again? Definitely Yes!

Fellas, way too much chatter here. This is a wanted thread not a technical thread.

I have one but someone gouged out the choke spring well for a Holley I think back in the day. It is fine otherwise and could get it welded if needed? Let me know, I have to take pics if needed.

I have one but someone gouged out the choke spring well for a Holley I think back in the day. It is fine otherwise and could get it welded if needed? Let me know, I have to take pics if needed.
I would probably use a modern Edelbrock with an Electric Choke anyway. So, that shouldn't be a problem.
Let's See it! Cool! Thanks!

Most do, give me a couple days, I have it in storage and next 2 days we are expecting 4 inches of rain after 5 inches last week, I live on a river. Ha

Ok, found it, heres a pic or 2. One broken bolt at throttle return bracket. And the well has been hacked, common stupid thing to do in the "day". I have few early finned valve covers too.

100_6981.JPG

100_6982.JPG

100_6983.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back